• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So I Pre Ordered Asus 3080 TUF Gaming

Soldato
After being under severe pressure from my lad to get an RTX gpu, I pre ordered an Asus 3080 TUF Gaming and he'll be getting my 2070.

Was going to go for the Zotac, but after reading more reviews, was surprised that Asus has really upped their game with a much better base product, their previous Turbo base models were very cheaply made(loud and hot) parts.

Temp and noise is more important than all out speed for my use(oc'ing is pointless imo anyway) and Asus have included a separate chunky heatsink directly onto the vrms and vram and has made the quietest 3080 so far, shocked that they aren't charging the usual ASUS tax it's priced very competitively.

@Gibbo

ETA was 21/09 when I put it in my basket, but looking on the product page now, the eta has disappeared, how would I find out if that's now changed and going to be delayed until who knows when/ will there be a queuing eta type list if these are short supply?

Soldato
Gibbo explained earlier that he had removed the pre-order dates around 4pm but due to the site crashing and overloaded it was very slow to update. If you ordered before 4pm you might get your card, anything after you'll be looking at back end of October i think as per other resellers as well. He did say he will make an announcement tomorrow though when he has a meeting with board partners and nvidia with regards to supply so we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure if many people actually pre ordered either as the site was down for a good while and has only been back up since around 10:30pm ish but i suspect people who saw the dates prior to them being updated would have jumped on it anyway, myself included.

Associate
Me and my mate both order the same card at about 9.20 last night. We figured we might have more chance as the ETA was Monday rather than going for the ETA of today on the others.

Pretty annoyed the price went up 40.00 and I didn't get delivery free but says I should in my account as forum member.

On top of that now now it looks like we won't get for a month and I'm pretty sure the money has been taken from account.

Will see what they say today I guess, pretty disappointing launch.

Associate
Ordered two from different places just to be sure I got one and both have 3 day delivery deadline, I think any company who put there prices up during the day but weren't able to fix expected dates really are just telling porkies, now gibbo is sadly saying you don't get the game as well at these increased prices because there was actually a limited quantity just made the icing on the cake for me tbh some of these cards started out at £620 and are now pushing to £800+ within a day which truly is daylight robbery, not to mention the special unicorn fart which was the actual Nvidia inventory .

Associate
Ordered the non OC version of the card Yesterday and it came to €800 after Tax and Shipping to Ireland using a UK address on Parcel Motel. Half tempted to cancel with that sort of price.
Just afraid I’ll be without a card before Cyerpunk is out

Back
Top Bottom