So i've owned Portishead - Dummy for 10 years and never listened to it...

Soldato
... Until now

:eek:

What an utterly amazing album, how come no one i know in real life has ever raved about them to me? I wish someone had as this album would have been in my life earlier, i can just tell it's one that i'll never forget.

Sorry, not exactly the most interesting post, but i'm sure most of you know that feeling, when you've just listened to an utterly brilliant album and want to rave about it to the world?

Soldato
OP
Welcome to 1994 :p

lol, i know! Halfway through 'Roads' (which is currently my favorite track, though i'm sure that'll change) i looked at the back of the jewel case and was in utter disbelief, then i remembered which birthday i got it for (my 15th, which would have been 1999), it's just been sat there as i really wasn't into music at that age so i forgot about it.

Soldato
I've never actually listened to any Portishead :o

Someone persuade me to :)
just listen to some... late at night with the lights down low is always good.

Great music for when you've had a night out, all your mates have piled back to your's for a drink and a smoke, you've had a good time but now want them all to **** off so you can get some sleep.

Caporegime
just listen to some... late at night with the lights down low is always good.

Great music for when you've had a night out, all your mates have piled back to your's for a drink and a smoke, you've had a good time but now want them all to **** off so you can get some sleep.

I listened to Dummy and Third last night, absolutely loved them. Can't believe I've liked Massive Attack for so long and never really listened to these guys!

Back
Top Bottom