So many problems with my Jaguar what next?

Associate
I got myself a Jaguar XE late 2015 on a 65 plate its on PCP. I was so happy with the car it is a beautiful well designed car but then the problems started..

The first big thing was random computer errors which it kept having to go into the dealer for days and then next it was a telematics unit but the part was on back order and it took 3 weeks to get the part and I was stuck in another courtesy car. The car the other month did not start and was a voltage problem and then today ABS fault and I had to get jaguar assist to come out and finding it was a ABS fault but still could not find the problem so it had to go back into the dealership again...

Also in the last few months the engine has got really noisy a lot of people have said it sounds like a tractor its only covered 20k miles... now they have had to sent sound recording back to jaguar and this has been going on for weeks now.. still no further forward they said it could be internal engine work they need to wait for jaguar to decide what to do.

They had no jaguars available so Im in a discovery sport 66 plate with every extra you could possibly have so aint too bad.

Now ive had a enough... basically fell out with the car I do not enjoy it and its forever having problems and the car is unsuitable to be in the road. I have logged complains with Jaguar customer service themselves but they just say they will "keep in touch with dealership and get the problems sorted"

Now I have heard someone has had a lot of problems with this year car and in the end Jaguar got them a brand new car. now I don't think this will happen with me but what are my options to basically end this once and for all..

do I contact Lex leasing who the car is with and tell them the problems too and see what they say?

stuck for ideas now...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Are JLR really that unreliable? My dad was looking into F-Types, but after reading up on them, they really aren't up to German standards.
That, and another poster mentioning problems with his brand new RR makes me wonder if they're really that bad..

Associate
OP
I think maybe I have just had a bad run with this car or maybe because it was one of the first XE's I don't know but not usually the car is solid its just mainly computer errors but causing the car to be undriveable. It's just problem after problem though which is really getting me down with the car

Soldato
Two of the guys at work have XE's (16 plates) and it's a bit of a running joke as to who has had the biggest nightmare with their car.
All problems seems to be around the infotainment / sat nav / electronics and have not a single good word to say about their dealings with Jag/Lex.
Nothing really useful to add OP but you are not alone!

Soldato
Just take all the electronics out and put a nice supercharged v8 or even an na v8 in it. Then you won't need the electronics. Why have a stereo play car sounds when you can have the car play car sounds :D also you don't need sat nav because enough can ring the person who you are going to see and if they can hear the v8 getting louder you are going the right way :D.

On a serious note. Just get a BMW 3 series. They are really exciting and well made and German and have never broken ever.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Yup, had a neighbor with an XE from new, the thing spent more time in the garage than on his drive, eventually he had enough and had them swap it for an XF which was pretty bulletproof.

Soldato
With a PCP the finance company will have a vested interest in the condition of the car as they will want the car in top condition if you decide to return it after your term for selling on, something they will struggle with if the car is always failing. Log all complaints with Lex too because if there is a logged history of unreliability with your car while under warranty that the dealer cannot fix then it might be worth looking into your rights to reject the car which would have to be done through Lex.

Soldato
With a PCP the finance company will have a vested interest in the condition of the car as they will want the car in top condition if you decide to return it after your term for selling on, something they will struggle with if the car is always failing. Log all complaints with Lex too because if there is a logged history of unreliability with your car while under warranty that the dealer cannot fix then it might be worth looking into your rights to reject the car which would have to be done through Lex.

Lex is a leasing company...I don't think they even do PCP finance. I imagine a similar process is in place for rejecting a lease car but I'm sure you have to speak with Lex directly.

Associate
New XF here, no problems so far. Still only 2 months old though! I'm hoping that the XF's have dramatically improved in reliability on the XE's and old model XF's. I'd heard a lot of horror stories that really put me off buying an XE at the time. Honestly, if it ever got to the point it was in the dealer more than on my driveway I'd give them the keys back and walk.

Man of Honour
I don't see how the XE can be any more or less reliable than the XF really, it's going to be most the same mechanicals surely.

Soldato
Disappointing to read this.

I don't see how the XE can be any more or less reliable than the XF really, it's going to be most the same mechanical surely.

There's a lot learnt in the first year of a new platform as it goes through launch and customer first 3 months, tuning, changes and the suppliers have generally sorted their stuff out. The infotainment starts with the later software from build whereas XE has had to visit the dealer to play catchup. Also XE has had 4 cylinder petrols from Ford in the UK whereas XF hasnt.

Loads of stuff really can effect it.... and indeed are.

Associate
OP
I know there is going to be updates which usually get done when it goes in but they have not requested the car go in for anything unless I have told them but everything it does go in there is a list of updates /faults jaguar have told them to rectify. Even one was moisture in the tailgate brake light but I had already spotted that.
I think it is PCH I paid 3 months up front and it is on a 4 year contract. This is what I need to get sorted as after the 3 years its obviously out of warranty so all the stupid problems that I keep getting will I be liable to pay for them?
I am going to contact Lex and explain all the problems and log them all I am waiting for paperwork from my dealer of everything they have fixed with faults on the car.

Back
Top Bottom