So PES 2010 or Fifa 10?

Soldato
ok i don't wanna start and age old war, i was always a PES man, but to be honest 2008 and 2009 were quite poor for me. So has much changed for 2010 ? thinking about just getting fifa and giving that a blast? or do i stay loyal?

Associate
Loyalty is for fanbois. Go for the best overall game.

With these two games it's not a matter of being a 'fanboi' they're very different styles of play and some people sit better with one side or the other.
As it happens, the point is irrelevant for the PC version of Fifa, might as well play the PS2 version of a few years back because that's the game engine you'll be seeing.

Associate
PES on the PC is superior to FIFA on the PC.

FIFA 09 on consoles was fantastic. FIFA 10 seems to an updated and tweaked FIFA 09.

PES 10 on the console is pretty good though, and I'd say it's better than the previous two years. Considering how well PES plays on the PC, I'm sure it's just as good as it's console counterpart.

tl;dr: PES 10 is an improvement over the last two years. If you're restricted to the PC, then I'd say give it a shot. Otherwise, FIFA 10 and PES 10 are both good choices for a console.

Associate
With these two games it's not a matter of being a 'fanboi' they're very different styles of play and some people sit better with one side or the other.
As it happens, the point is irrelevant for the PC version of Fifa, might as well play the PS2 version of a few years back because that's the game engine you'll be seeing.

Yes, that's a fair point in this case.

Soldato
I think they're both crap on PC really, sorry.

If pushed hard i'd probably go for FIFA, but when I say "pushed hard" I mean "bolting my nose to a moving truck on the M5". :D

Associate
i wonder if we need a new brand on the market to shake things up, why do people say they are poor on the pc? i have an xbox would i be better buying it for that?

If you have an xbox then get FIFA10 for that. It's the best out there at the moment.

If you were buying purely on PC, then it's PES all the way. As already mentioned, FIFA on PC is not the same game it is on the consoles - completely different (and crap) engine as EA can't be bothered making a proper PC version.

But on consoles, PES has stagnated since it tried to go next gen and FIFA is much the better game now. It's vastly improved in the last couple of years from the shambles it used to be, and now outdoes PES in pretty much every department.

Back
Top Bottom