So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
As a Blues fan I really hope we go down now.
The appointment of Zola was a joke when it happened & 22 games in & only 2 wins just shows he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

The reason given when he was appointed was the board wanted the club to go in a new direction.....well, he's certainly achieved that!

Soldato
Epic, emotional scenes today. I must admit there was a tear in my eye.

Wigan showed a bit of fight to be fair, but not much quality tbh. A few years back we played Newcastle in the cup and won, 2-0 and I thought Obertan was the worst player I'd seen at the Amex... Today he cemented the top spot.

Enjoy! Brighton thoroughly deserve it and have done it the 'right' way. I just hope we join you lot next season! :)
Thanks I enjoyed it immensely!...I'm so glad we didn't go up last year as this year has been amazing!
WE ARE STAYING UP!! WE ARE STAYING UP!!

(Bristol City Fan)

Been a shocking second half of the season for us but looks like we will scrape it and stay up

So you're safe then?.... We only need 3 points from the remaining games to secure the title ;)

2-0 Brighton. Congrats Piggy :)

Hopefully the last game of the season will be a lot of fun now!... Though if we still need the points it might be a cracking game!

Soldato
So you're safe then?.... We only need 3 points from the remaining games to secure the title ;)

No we ain't safe yet and we have tough games left,

We have Barnsley, Brighton and Birmingham

We could get 4 points from those 3 games I'm sure, won't get anything against Brighton but you never know with the way City have played against stronger sides this year

Soldato
First of all, congrats to Brighton on your promotion and congrats on winning the title.

Thanks to Derby for that last-minute equaliser, you've really done us a favour.

No team should do anything in this league. It's a massively competitive division where unexpected results aren't rare. It's wildly arrogant to believe you should get promoted simply because you're Newcastle. If, however, you think you should get promoted because of your squad, then you're agreeing with the rest of us commenting that ypur squad is insane at this level.

Just because some of your players haven't performed to their abilities, doesn't mean it's not the best squad the league has produced.

I'm not arrogant enough to think that we should be promoted just because we're Newcastle and on paper we might well have the best squad in the league, but results are proving that on paper means **** all in the real world.

The simple fact is that right now Brighton have the best team in the league.

Newcastle have relied too heavily on a few individuals who have carried the rest, and as soon as one of them gets injured it shows. If we had spent in January we might have had backup / replacements for those players and we wouldn't currently be ******** ourselves about Huddersfield catching us up.

If I were a Newcastle fan I would simply be happy that after getting ****ed on last year, I've had a fun and successful season and witnessed an immediate return to the top flight. Complaining about not buying in a January window where there is little value whilst being in a commanding position to get promotion... it's nuts.

That will only be true if we hold on for the remaining games. If Derby hadn't equalised in the dying minutes just now we would be far from being in a 'commanding position'.

As a fan you want to win and now we aren't going to, it's as simple as that.

Soldato
No we ain't safe yet and we have tough games left,

We have Barnsley, Brighton and Birmingham

We could get 4 points from those 3 games I'm sure, won't get anything against Brighton but you never know with the way City have played against stronger sides this year

Well you murdered Huddersfield on TV a few weeks back. Not many teams do that.

Be a massive game against Birmingham now too!

Soldato
Well you murdered Huddersfield on TV a few weeks back. Not many teams do that.

Be a massive game against Birmingham now too!

Yeah very true no one expected us to bag 4 against Huddersfield, we lost to you lot on TV at the beginning of the season, Sidwell scored from half way lmao

I think we will beat Birmingham and get a draw against Barnsley as both of them games are at Ashton Gate

Soldato
Yeah very true no one expected us to bag 4 against Huddersfield, we lost to you lot on TV at the beginning of the season, Sidwell scored from half way lmao

He won championship goal of the season for that!... I especially remember it as I was at my best mates wedding, and we had a phone with the game on under the table while the cake was being cut and when he scored and a few of us cheered... Including the groom!

Soldato
Jut seen that it's Wednesday vs Fulham on the last day. Should make things exciting, and potentially keep other teams in it right to the end!

Not all doom and gloom Leeds fans!

In fact, Fulham have got Huddersfield, Brentford and Wednesday left... Could easily drop away.

Associate
Jut seen that it's Wednesday vs Fulham on the last day. Should make things exciting, and potentially keep other teams in it right to the end!

In fact, Fulham have got Huddersfield, Brentford and Wednesday left... Could easily drop away.

It's good news that it's still in our hands (if we win all our games), but recent performances have been so inconsistent. Maybe I just need to stop going to games, I seem to bring bad luck this season...

Soldato

In a season with nothing left to play for, two of our final three games are QPR at home and Fulham away. Fulham is going to be very tricky - the rubbish allocation they gave us was 1 per season ticket holder, and there were 8 of us, so we're having to sit in the Brentford dominated neutral end.

Soldato
So disappointed I missed the players celebrating on the train and in town after the game. Mental scenes. Great that the players shared the moment with the fans!
Some amazing videos about.

Baldock and Norwood crowd-surfing on the train and Skalak and Murphy being carried down the main road from the station are epic!

Back
Top Bottom