So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Associate
I always had fond memories of him when he was Chelsea, we can't undermine what he did with Leicester, there's got to a bit of genius in him for doing that. I'm perfectly happy giving him a chance at Leeds. Like i said before, i won't be holding my breath though..

A new manager, whoever it is, needs come in quickly, we need a few transfer through the door.

This. Need the manager in sooner, rather than later.

Caporegime
Thought it was a dull final, probably the dullest play off Championship match I can remember. Reading just did not do enough up front, Huddersfield were the better side but again, could not score. That is what? no win in their last six games and they win the play offs and get promotion?!

Wagner is proving to be an excellent coach, but he remains (in my opinion) unambitious in terms of the actual football being played. Will be interesting to see how they do in the Premier League, I think they could manage to do a Burnley (or a M'boro, and be completely unambitious and add nothing of value to the league).

Interesting summer, Burnley apparently after Bannan, Wolves after another manager, Leeds need a manager, big summer for a lot of sides looking for a top six finish.

Soldato
It's crazy, isn't it? Minus goal difference, not won any of their 3 play-off games in normal time, Hudds player not scored for five games, etc. Truly uninspiring football. I've watched them in two play-off finals in recent years, failed to score in both yet still promoted. Most teams don't get half the luck that Huddersfield Town have!

They were marginally better than Reading yesterday. Ready played for a draw, whereas Town attempted to score in the first 11 minutes.. then gave up. Good noise from the Town fans throughout though, thought they were good.

Caporegime
It is just depressing. Unambitious football, dull to watch, worse to play against. Huddersfield play football to not lose. I sincerely hope there is a shift away from this style in the Premier League (like I hope for M'boro) but I predict that it will not change and in a similar fashion Huddersfield will add nothing of 'value' (beyond the 'narrative', and the condescending 'little old historic club') to the league.

I hope they mange to 'do a Burnley', because I hope that of all promoted clubs to the Premier League, or even a Swansea/Bournemouth (survive and play good football), but I honestly do not know. It is far too early to do predications. All the teams will strengthen.

I can say, there are far more entertaining and ambitious football teams in the Championship than Brighton and Huddersfield.

Soldato
Thomas Christiansen apparently new LUFC Manager. Who?

Thomas Christiansen for Leeds, took the bookies by suprise. Im happy with giving him a go abit more credibility than the Hock and Milanic.

We should definitely give this guy a chance, he's done dam well over the last few years. Was doing some digging on him, i know it's Greece but he did well with a club that's a top 6 club. Finished 4th and 2nd with them, got into the Europe league but didn't get to the group stages, got battered 4-0 over 2 legs by Bordeaux, but the same club were beaten at the same stage the following year when he had left. He then moved to the top club in Greece, APOEL, won the title with them and qualified for the Champions League qualifying stages, he could have stayed with them and seen that through but he's joined us. In the Europa League last season, they beat Atletico Bilbao in the last 32, beat them 4-3 over 2 legs, that was Valverde's team, the same Valverde who's manager of Barca now. They then lost to Anderlecht 2-0 over 2 legs, 1-0 in each. That Anderlecht gave UTD a run for their money if people can remember. Definitely give this guy a chance, to come off on top against Valverde's Bilbao is quite an achievement, went toe to toe with them as well, 7 goals over 2 legs.

Back
Top Bottom