So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
I want us to pinch Benrahma :p
Lol. Got a spare £30m floating around?

I'd be surprised if he didn't leave even if we got promoted, but I imagine a few top half premier league teams might be looking at him. We'd get top dollar should he leave if we go up, but we'd also try to put him on a big contract like we did with Watkins last season.

If we don't go up... then he's gone in a flash I reckon. Wouldn't blame him either.

Soldato

I'd be surprised if he didn't leave even if we got promoted, but I imagine a few top half premier league teams might be looking at him. We'd get top dollar should he leave if we go up, but we'd also try to put him on a big contract like we did with Watkins last season.

If we don't go up... then he's gone in a flash I reckon. Wouldn't blame him either.

I think that's a decent price for him. Just wish Smith went for him a bit sooner.

Associate

I'm almost pretty sure both him and Watkins will leave. I was discussing with a colleague today Brentford's new stadium and wondering if they now regret not building it a bit bigger. It will be the smallest PL stadium by a good margin, can be a bottleneck for their development.

Soldato
I'm almost pretty sure both him and Watkins will leave. I was discussing with a colleague today Brentford's new stadium and wondering if they now regret not building it a bit bigger. It will be the smallest PL stadium by a good margin, can be a bottleneck for their development.

The space in which the new stadium is located is so small that building extra capacity would not only be a nightmare, but also prohibitively expensive. I recall seeing that the difference between a capacity of 17,500 and 20,000 was about £15m in cost for us.

The basis of it is: clubs don't make an awful lot in ticketing compared to TV, unless the stadium size hits 40,000+. Also, we don't have a massive fanbase and the stadium would likely sit half empty for home games or full but devoid of atmosphere.

The ultimate aim of the stadium was to keep the club in the area. There aren't many parcels of land for sale big enough in west London to house a football stadium plus the residential property being built to pay for the build. It was 17,500 in Brentford or 25,000 in Woking.

Edit - on Watkins he signed a new long term contract last season and is on very good money, which would no doubt become very, very good money if we got promoted. He turned us down a year before finally joining because he wanted the extra time playing for Exeter, so there's no reason for him to leave if we go up. If we lose however...

Back
Top Bottom