So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
For anyone new to this game, don't capture any of the first three pokemon who appear. Just walk, after they get out of range they'll respawn near you, keep walking and after the fourth or fifth respawn they'll be joined by a Pikachu, get yourself a Pikachu for your first capture ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I've found it quite fun in the community. I was wandering through Chorlton on Friday night after a couple of pints, and a guy who (yes, i judged his book by his cover) I would probably avoid on a usual night was sat in the centre of the road and looked up and said "Alright mate. There's a Squirtle over there." then went back to his phone.

With all the negative going around (Brexit mixed feelings, Cop Murder etc etc) the world could use a little distraction, however fleeting, that brings people together in any way.

I dont really see why people are so cynical about it, even when they dont partake.

I don't play it but totally agree, think it's brilliant it gets people together and interacting with each other more. Even if it is just a fad.

Soldato
I find spotting people playing Pokemon as entertaining as the game personally :p

It's a good idea, bit too flaky for me, spend half the time waiting to see if it's going to respond.

Soldato
So, within half an hour of messing about on this game, it has already lead me to discover an old statue that I never knew was there in our neighbourhood and learn it's reason and history (the statue was one of the pokestops). There were also a bunch of kids at the library at another pokestop.

Despite the criticisms, I can't fault the genius of getting the video game generation out and about!

Soldato
So, within half an hour of messing about on this game, it has already lead me to discover an old statue that I never knew was there in our neighbourhood and learn it's reason and history (the statue was one of the pokestops). There were also a bunch of kids at the library at another pokestop.

Despite the criticisms, I can't fault the genius of getting the video game generation out and about!

It's a good mechanic, there doesn't seem to be any game hung off it. Expect to see many me-too geo'em ups (I made that up just now, you're welcome games journos reading) incoming

Caporegime
I think it's safe to say that this game is one of those pivotal games which has changed gaming forever. Like it or not, this is going to generate more cash for Nintendo than anything they've ever done before.

Soldato
Someone has Been using Lures all day at the Pokestop round the corner, and I'm stuck in work. Hope it's still going when I finish.
Must be costing them a few quid.

A few bars and pubs have been asking customers to drop lure modules for free pints

I think it's safe to say that this game is one of those pivotal games which has changed gaming forever. Like it or not, this is going to generate more cash for Nintendo than anything they've ever done before.

Nintendo's share has increased by 50% since Pokemon Go was released

Associate
I have a library and a big park at the top of my street. I'm sure there's Pokemon related happenings at at least one of them as I've noticed many more groups of kids and parents heading that way in a bit of a hurry recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom