• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So what are we expecting from the 6900xt?

Associate
I know, there have been long-ass threads about the big-navi cards, but it's hard to keep up with those. Thought I'd start one with focus on next week's release.

So it goes on sale Tuesday at 2pm, it's probably going to be about £950, given the US launch price of $999, and ...

RT performance around the 2080Ti/3070 level?
Raster somewhere between 3080 and 3090?

Do we have the same ridiculous situation where the review/performance test embargo lifts at the exact same time as the launch?

I already have a 2080Ti, but my interest here comes from potential Mac compatibility - this card could make for an excellent hackintosh, which my current nvidia card won't due to the ongoing driver situation. I really can't decide if it's worth it...

Associate
Do we have the same ridiculous situation where the review/performance test embargo lifts at the exact same time as the launch?

That would only be ridiculous if there was a genuine opportunity to buy one on launch day. They may as well do what happened with the 3070 and put the launch off (not that it helped in terms of stock availability improving with more time allowed).

Associate
OP
That would only be ridiculous if there was a genuine opportunity to buy one on launch day.

Ha, true, when it's more or less a preview release, months ahead of general availability, I guess it doesn't matter so much!

Equal to a 3090 except in titles that rely heavily on RT/DLSS.

AMD super-res tech/DLSS equivalent is due next year? I heard it's in the pipeline somewhere...

Associate
Raster wise I think it may have the 3090 in some titles at stock and pull away once clocked up. The 6800s have a solid lock of 2.8Ghz but the 6900 can go to 3Ghz, can it reach those giddy heights under water? Heavily RTX optimised titles will allow both 3080 and 3090 to show their mettle but the more DXR standard type titles will allow the 6900 to close gap, I'd expect it to still be behind but improving as time goes along. It'll be interesting to revisit scores set next Monday to say scores set in June 21.

Associate
OP
the more DXR standard type titles will allow the 6900 to close gap

Is there any reason to think this is the case, rather than just nvidia's second gen RTX being more capable/powerful? I'm not down on AMD, I'm very hopeful in general, but from what little info I can find, nvidia holds its RT advantage on DXR benchmarks.
That wouldn't necessarily put me off, just wanting to get a good feel for it.

Obviously this is all theoretical, but I'm sure all 5 people that get one next week will want to know...

Last edited:
Soldato
Ha, true, when it's more or less a preview release, months ahead of general availability, I guess it doesn't matter so much!

AMD super-res tech/DLSS equivalent is due next year? I heard it's in the pipeline somewhere...

I'm hoping they release it soon (i.e before christmas holidays). A bit late if it's sometime next year.

Associate
I know how fast the bloody card is going to be, I'm asking OCuk if they dare dain to enlighten us as to whether they actually have any ******* cards and are they going to sell them on the 8th... not hard to put a bloody piccy up on the website now is it... ffs... maybe it is for OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom