So, what is this going to achieve then?

Caporegime
OP
I assume it's something along the lines of... Someone on a PC forum posts something from Nextdoor where a single individual has suggested a communal taking of the knee which hasn't gained any traction whatsoever because it's a daft idea and all of a sudden many of the usual suspects are here getting all English Braveheart about NOBODY MAKES ME KNEEL!!

The level of triggering would be funny if it weren't a decent sign that there is indeed a problem.

I've generally ignored your posts so far because anyone involved with this discussion can rather clearly see you aren't really contributing anything worth reading but now you've triggered me by using the word triggering which is my trigger word that triggers me. So, let's have a go then, shall we?

I'll start from the top:

As a statement against systemic entrenched racism? Not many I suspect.

The suggestion in the OP is daft, but only just dafter than what you just said.

Explain how the suggestion is daft. Explain what he said is daft. So far what you've said is akin to "lol dumb post amirite guise kek" and nothing else.

Oh well that's it then...

Shut it down guys, shut it down.

What's this? More random words? Or is there some kind of justification?

I get some people are OTT "woke" it was the "take everything from you" bit.. nobody is taking anything by suggesting you show some solidarity albeit it in a cringy way.

I'm fairly sure the thing we're supposed to worry about being taken away is the ability to say, do and act however you want without the fear of being told you're a rude ****.

Totally agree, mental. Always the same people on here who get all paper thin white skinned about it too. To complete the circle they're generally the usernames who were properly vocal on the brexit threads..

Who knew?

Context? Who's being rude here? I'm not sure if you are being deliberately vague as to not single anyone out or if you're just monumentally bad at writing, but again, this post can be interpreted in a million different ways and about a million different people.

I assume it's something along the lines of... Someone on a PC forum posts something from Nextdoor where a single individual has suggested a communal taking of the knee which hasn't gained any traction whatsoever because it's a daft idea and all of a sudden many of the usual suspects are here getting all English Braveheart about NOBODY MAKES ME KNEEL!!

You do read the news, right? Your assumption that this is "a single individual" is slightly off, given that players were doing it in a Premier League game last night. And what's with this English Braveheart rubbish? Again zero relevance to this discussion unless it's an attempt at humour which fell flatter than Keira Knightley's rack?

I guess the end question is: did you kneel?

If you're gonna try and have a decent discussion, you need to engage people and actually contribute something which could provoke thought and encourage discussion. What you've effectively done so far is emulate that kid at a party who tried to hang with the cool kids and just ends up yammering random words. Not a good look :(

Soldato
It's true though. Nothing ever is enough for the SJW/woke brigade, most of whom tend to be white people getting offended on behalf of others. They will always find something wrong no matter how much pandering someone does.

Someone has to care, and if we deem this is a white people against everyone else problem, which it seems to be, then white people have to resolve it.

This wasn't a "find something wrong" situation. It was murder.

I will never kneel for any bunch of thugs even if the world blows up.
Those cops who knelt should be ashamed of themselves. How much lower can this country stoop.

I clapped for the NHS workers - they were/are in a front line job just like our soldiers - anyone of them could and has died.

if anyone asks me to clap or cheer teachers I will be booing - lilly livered load of ********* put in there what you will. Kids should have been back to school .

This country is almost on it's knees - NO pun intended.

What is wrong with you? Are you pro-segregation? Do you think that non-white races should be treated differently to whites, who are so genetically blessed?

American police have a very bad reputation, due to overwhelming amounts of evidence, of being overly aggressive and violent with US citizens and moreover, the black population. The American civil rights movement happened within the last century - it's barely more than 50 years ago that it stopped being OK to have different sections of anywhere or anything for black people and everyone else.

The fact, then, that the American police seem to disproportionately kill black people over other races is plain wrong. To spark the latest riots, they killed a man who used a counterfeit note to pay for something. I mean, that's criminal but christ, you shouldn't die for it! They could have done countless other things than killing the poor guy!

Black people are not thugs. They've been poorly treated by society for centuries and still aren't out of that situation.

@OP, I won't be taking a knee. I haven't done anything active since this whole thing started up. But I have spent my whole life opposing equality wherever I have experienced it in my life, sometimes to my detriment. I think that's a whole lot more valuable that virtue signalling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Well I know of you, firstly. And secondly, what's your major issue with BLM? I mean, black lives do matter.

Most people seem to associate the BLM movement with the extreme elements ignoring the underlying message and the cause/issues especially those in the US.

Having said that, we’ve had an increase of racism at football matches in Europe and other increases in reported incidents.

There was another thread where people were trying to tell me racism doesn’t exist in the UK any more so it’s no surprise that people are against this.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Most people seem to associate the BLM movement with the extreme elements ignoring the underlying message and the cause/issues especially those in the US.

I'm not sure thats true. Most people associate it with the peaceful protests and various other ideologies but most people are also sick of hearing the constantly one sided narrative that BLM is all wholesome and has no negative elements and want to make it knows that they see that its not all sunshine and light. The media reporting of all the BLM stuff has been depressingly one sided and we all know which side that is. My partner didn't even realise that BLM were an organisation and just thought it was a slogan.

Having said that, we’ve had an increase of racism at football matches in Europe and other increases in reported incidents.

There was another thread where people were trying to tell me racism doesn’t exist in the UK any more so it’s no surprise that people are against this.

Thats what happens when you constantly attack a group that is the massive majority in an area for the colour of their skin. Most of use just brush it off and think its ridiculous but some people will fight back. Europe is overwhelmingly white. If even 0.001% of those people decide to fight back you will have some issues.

Caporegime
I’m not against BLM as a matter of course, but I don’t like what it has become and it how it is being hijacked by the far left for its own purposes. It’s supposed to be non violent and it is not. You have people robbing and looting whilst wearing BLM T-shirts and it’s like we endorse their behaviour by all this kneeling and plastering their name on the back of football shirts.

if I don’t want to kneel in support of this organisation that is kicking off riots, robbery, violence and general social anarchy, then that’s my choice, and I thought we lived in a world where people choices were respected. Also, I have always considered kneeling as an act of submission, no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I'm not sure thats true. Most people associate it with the peaceful protests and various other ideologies but most people are also sick of hearing the constantly one sided narrative that BLM is all wholesome and has no negative elements and want to make it knows that they see that its not all sunshine and light. The media reporting of all the BLM stuff has been depressingly one sided and we all know which side that is. My partner didn't even realise that BLM were an organisation and just thought it was a slogan.

Thats what happens when you constantly attack a group that is the massive majority in an area for the colour of their skin. Most of use just brush it off and think its ridiculous but some people will fight back. Europe is overwhelmingly white. If even 0.001% of those people decide to fight back you will have some issues.

Apologies, my most people comment was poorly worded, I meant most people that the other person was referring to - most people who are outraged by BLM.

I do find it a bit weird that the BLM movement is here, especially in protest format. We don’t have the specific issues that the US have but we do have racism and, equally, all people have the freedom to protest peacefully. If one feels so strongly that All Lives Matter then perhaps they could protest about it :)

Soldato
I've generally ignored your posts so far because anyone involved with this discussion can rather clearly see you aren't really contributing anything worth reading but now you've triggered me by using the word triggering which is my trigger word that triggers me. So, let's have a go then, shall we?

I'll start from the top:

Explain how the suggestion is daft. Explain what he said is daft. So far what you've said is akin to "lol dumb post amirite guise kek" and nothing else.

What's this? More random words? Or is there some kind of justification?

Context? Who's being rude here? I'm not sure if you are being deliberately vague as to not single anyone out or if you're just monumentally bad at writing, but again, this post can be interpreted in a million different ways and about a million different people.

You do read the news, right? Your assumption that this is "a single individual" is slightly off, given that players were doing it in a Premier League game last night. And what's with this English Braveheart rubbish? Again zero relevance to this discussion unless it's an attempt at humour which fell flatter than Keira Knightley's rack?

I guess the end question is: did you kneel?

If you're gonna try and have a decent discussion, you need to engage people and actually contribute something which could provoke thought and encourage discussion. What you've effectively done so far is emulate that kid at a party who tried to hang with the cool kids and just ends up yammering random words. Not a good look :(

Appropriate username is appropriate lol.. maybe you should go back to bed for a bit?

This thread started with a suggestion on the Neighbourhood app. Now you can conflate that to things like what happened in the premier league if you like but I was addressing the point that a bunch of people on here have gotten all blotchy about a suggestion someone would make them kneel etc.

My personal take is whilst that specific suggestion seems to me OTT and pretty empty as a gesture, things like sport taking a stand etc really do make a difference because it sends the message that racism in all it's forms, explicit, implicit, casual etc is unacceptable and that the victims of it are the ones who get to decide if it's happening or not and that more than just the directly affected communities agree. Some call it virtue signalling which at the extremes certainly does happen but it could also be described as agreeing/supporting depending on the specifics.

Beyond that, the rest of your rant....

It was stupid asking how many black people would kneel for a white guy because that totally and deliberately misses the point.

The shut it down comment was me poking fun at the chap who mentioned a black person saying something that was on the face of it racist, it's whataboutism at best, the alternative is it's totally irrelevant other than to sooth his own conscience and prove to himself there's no problem because some black people are also awful.

The context on rudeness was a point about the thin skinned who are getting super triggered (I DID IT AGAIN!) about the BLM movement because they themselves don't see an issue with their behaviour. I would have said racist but that seems to set people off. Can't think why. The "take everything from you" thing was so hyperbolic as to be borderline hilarious.

Then yeah, the bit about the news.. you've either wilfully missed the OP/my references to it or you're hard of comprehension. Lots of people are spontaneously taking the knee or whatever, the only suggestion that I've seen that it should be communal is the OP and even that was a suggestion that people join together to do it voluntarily and then all of a sudden we've got (many of the usual suspects) with the "I kneel for nobody".. ooh.. you're hard. But the closing analogy.. classy, you must be proud :)

And no I didn't because as I've said repeatedly in here I think it's a daft idea to turn it into some sort of community action. That is entirely compatible with thinking that public figures/sports folk etc do whatever they feel necessary to show solidarity because why the **** not?

And I'm happy to engage in debate, to be frank in this I came to see if the sorts of responses I expected to be here were here and for the most part they were. As I've said in other threads this sort of thing is like catnip to certain members who IMO deserve a bit of stirring.

That said, I think my opinions and views are clear and I'm happy your post confirms that.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Apologies, my most people comment was poorly worded, I meant most people that the other person was referring to - most people who are outraged by BLM.

Its fine, I just assumed we had a different opinion on that. :)

I think part of the problem is that if you dare suggest BLM is not all sunshine and light, the world jumps on you and calls you nasty names in the unironic way that only the very woke can do. The old "stop spouting your hate your disgusting nasty piece of white ****" that seems to be acceptable currently.

I do find it a bit weird that the BLM movement is here, especially in protest format. We don’t have the specific issues that the US have but we do have racism and, equally, all people have the freedom to protest peacefully. If one feels so strongly that All Lives Matter then perhaps they could protest about it :)

There are just small elements of society who will kick off at any excuse. If they are black and BLM is in town then thats their excuse. If they are white and want to do it then they just claim social inequality.

Like it or not, we have been cultivating a victim culture in this country for a long time now. The idea that its not your fault that X happened or you haven't got Y.

You can see this in Brexit as well.

At some point in life you have to suffer the consequences of your actions or lack thereof.

Caporegime
Kneeling and pulling down statues was tried a few years ago (in the US at least) but it never took off at that time, I guess keeping people locked down for 3 months and bored rigid has its advantages if you want to push certain agendas like dividing people down racial lines.

The Premier League was terrible for it yesterday, football is supposed to unite people but if you were watching it yesterday it was just a constant barrage of "all white people are racist" and "all black people are victims" insinuations hidden behind virtuous campaigns. How you can stamp out racism when you're constantly looking at skin colour, dividing people by race and fueling resentment on both sides I'll never know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom