• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So where did all the RX 500 cards go?

Soldato
Nice package, but the cheapest 8gb version is only upward of £20 more and still be less than a 1070.

true that, im more Biased towards Asus and Gigabyte Personally but yeah 8gb model would have more resale value in future then 4gb or allow 1080p monitor to be upscaled to 1440p in most games :D and still cheaper then a 1070 :D

Soldato
true that, im more Biased towards Asus and Gigabyte Personally but yeah 8gb model would have more resale value in future then 4gb or allow 1080p monitor to be upscaled to 1440p in most games :D and still cheaper then a 1070 :D

I never took notice of the brand much, I just look at price and memory size as I'm suggesting them for people on certain budgets, only time I look is if I need to compare.

I haven't had parts from all the brands, but some are pretty good, I like Asus or msi myself, the way I look at it I will scout the vram, scout the power requirement, scout the price and in some cases scout the mhz or stream processors and go with the best all rounder that suits whatever price I have in mind so I give brands a chance.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Man, these prices. They all seem more expensive than the equivalent RX 480s were? I wouldn't be surprised if the RX 480 was better bang-for-buck than the RX 580 is, even though the pound is stronger now that it was before the RX 580 was released!

It just seems to be OcUK upping prices. There is no excuse other than taking advantage of short supply.

For example the Sapphire pulse RX580 8gb was £240 just a couple of weeks ago, it's now £260. Yet it's still in stock and the exchange rate has gotten better since the launch of RX580, now standing @ 1.29 rather than 1.22. It's also still £240 elsewhere

Simple answer is buy from elsewhere where they haven't raised the prices, at the end of the day it's OcUK who will lose out. If they want to raise prices just because they can (due to so called low supply) then that's their decision, but if people are savvy enough they'll buy where it's cheaper

Associate
It just seems to be OcUK upping prices. There is no excuse other than taking advantage of short supply.

For example the Sapphire pulse RX580 8gb was £240 just a couple of weeks ago, it's now £260. Yet it's still in stock and the exchange rate has gotten better since the launch of RX580, now standing @ 1.29 rather than 1.22. It's also still £240 elsewhere

Simple answer is buy from elsewhere where they haven't raised the prices, at the end of the day it's OcUK who will lose out. If they want to raise prices just because they can (due to so called low supply) then that's their decision, but if people are savvy enough they'll buy where it's cheaper

But the exchange rate getting better now won't affect the price they would have bought the cards for in the first place.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
But the exchange rate getting better now won't affect the price they would have bought the cards for in the first place.

That doesn't explain why the price of the Sapphire Pulse 580 was £240 since launch, is now £20 more.

If the batch for sale now is still the one from release then it would be at whatever the exchange rate was back then (which meant they were prices at £240), and if it's a new batch bought recently then it would be at a better exchange rate meaning if anything the price should decrease.

Soldato
That doesn't explain why the price of the Sapphire Pulse 580 was £240 since launch, is now £20 more.

If the batch for sale now is still the one from release then it would be at whatever the exchange rate was back then (which meant they were prices at £240), and if it's a new batch bought recently then it would be at a better exchange rate meaning if anything the price should decrease.

dont forget you've got factors like increasing ram prices which is just going up and up and up. Also if demand is high, prices will creep up . Trick it to produce just the right about to keep it inflamed at AMD/Vendor side

Back
Top Bottom