So where is it then?

Associate
Have I missed it?
Surely by now the Sun and Sky Sports News at least should be carrying a 24hr rolling news programme calling for Michael Brown to be retroactively red carded?
I mean, if you are going to do it to Michael Essien, then surely the same applies for another player?
Oh - actually, I've just realised why.
Mr Halsey says "it was a 50/50 challenge and the player got up and carried on"...so if A.Cole had rolled around on the floor, the Chelsea players had surrounded the referee or god forbid the manager had drawn attention to it afterwards (stand up Rafa) you might have done something about it, hmmm Mr Halsey?
Halsey is a plum
A 50/50 challenge
"Just another tackle" on Giggs
"Just another tackle" on Davis

Anyway, I'm far too busy to talk about consistency in football, the media and refereeing standards, another squadron of Pigs is coming in to land at the local airstrip......

Soldato
Michael Brown's a thug - I've no idea how he's gotten away with it on three occasions (not the goalkeeper one, that seemed ok) - twice this season already and once at the end of last season. Unless he's just really clumsy - in which case he should be dropped so I stop getting wound up ;)

Permabanned
There are tackles that sometimes look awful but when you look at them again they were just clumsy or badly timed.

Then there are those 3, anyone who has played football knows that they are just out and out bad tackles if you can call them that.

Being fair to the referee he might be at the wrong angle etc and has to make a split second judgement.

I don't have an issue about retrospective punishment, the sooner it is the norm the better.

My gripe is all the managers who moan about these sort of tackles, how about they start to punish their own, you can't tell me Chris Coleman can see those in any other way than shocking.

The old saying "Get your own house in order" springs to mind.

Soldato
The Davis and Giggs incidents are two of the worst 'tackles' you could ever see. Let's be honest tho, no attempt was made to take the ball in either case. His habit of diving in with both feet off the floor needs to be looked at, because he will do serious damage to someone if he goes into too many more challenges in that way.

The Cole challenge looked clumsy more than anything, tho it should be looked at again as both feet did still leave the ground..

Permabanned
Gooner14 said:
I've said far worse about that **** before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. He doesn't deserve any of my respect.

Hang on...... Here we go I have your dummy!

Players move clucbs, thats football, I bet your sympathy was with the Spurs fans when you accuired Campbell..........

Soldato
Slinwagh said:
Hang on...... Here we go I have your dummy!

Players move clucbs, thats football, I bet your sympathy was with the Spurs fans when you accuired Campbell..........

I've expected him to move for a long time, I'm sure it can be found in the archives. I have no problem with him moving, or his choice of clubs. It's him as a person I have no respect for. The way he has conducted himself is terrible, suggesting it was anyone but his own fault for the problems he and his agent (who is as much of a **** as Cole) caused.

As I've said before thats a totally different situation. Campbell finished his contract, played by the rules. Did Cole? No he broke the rules, got upset about 5k, and treated the general public with contempt with his 'masterpiece' of a book.

wedgie22 said:
So you've been bitter for 8-10 months then.

What do I have to be bitter about? We got a better more versatile player and £5m, in exchange for a player who can't warm up properly!

I've never denyed Cole is a great player. A ****, and a World Class LB.

Soldato
Your opinion of him doesn't make you bitter, you are entitled to that.

Having no respect for him doesn't make you bitter, I don't think I would respect him myself if he had left my club in the way he left Arsenal.

Gooner14 said:
However it's a shame he didn't cripple that little ****.
That is what makes you bitter.

Permabanned
Give me a link quick.

But seriously, Brown is a disgrace and should be banned for life. After his next one on Cole, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom