• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So who with a 8800 GTX is getting 8900 ?

Soldato
Hmmm, I am happy with my 8800 GTS at the moment.

If in the future I feel I need the extra "ommph" I will try to sell this card and get either the R600 or 8900's.

As for either the R600 or 8900's assuming they perform the same, probably Nvidia, because I have had ATI for about 3 years, and only just got a Nvidia card, so have felt like a change :)

Associate
Noooo way , I'm gonna miss a generation again and sell the GTX to my mate early next year or so pretty much like I always do , Hey thats a point even ATI are missing a generation out this time ;)
Seriously tho I wish they'd get their fingers out their asses and get a competitive card released , I prefer it when they are neck n neck with each other , price drops , driver releases more frequent and more top end choice for us that way. :)

Soldato
i have to wonder why get a 8900 if you already have a 8800? surely you KNEW nvidia were going to release the 8900 around april time, they do every year. you get the 8900 and then by xmas there is the 9800 out etc etc.

Associate
I hope to be getting one just because thats when I plan on upgrading and I can't wait to see the difference... Im 2 generations behind lol the good old XFX 6800GT beats all your fancie 8800GTX's :p (IF ONLY)

J.D

J.D

Soldato
VortX said:
I hope to be getting one just because thats when I plan on upgrading and I can't wait to see the difference... Im 2 generations behind lol the good old XFX 6800GT beats all your fancie 8800GTX's :p (IF ONLY)

It beats it in power draw ;) .

Also it beats it in the competition of who's got the worse image quality :p .

Take this knowledge and love your card hehehe.

As long as it gets you through your day, that's all that matters. Big jump going to 8900 though. You will be blown away ;).

Associate
Time goes past so fast though when i brought my card it was a high end one then only thing that beat it was a 6800Ultra and this was only about a year and a hlaf ago :( Never mind only about another 5-6 weeks to go :D

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Yeah i agree. Computer technology just keeps coming and coming. The quicker their out the quicker the companies make money.

As I said though it doesn't matter what you've got as long as it plays your games well and your happy with it. Only when it starts lacking should you upgrade unless you just want the best for bragging rights. I have no time for the "look what I've got" but never uses it kind of type.

Honestly when you plug this bad boy in please crank up every setting you can see and just sit back and enjoy the view. Company of Heroes is a good starting point. I love hitting the Alt key and rotating the camera in an intense battle. It looks amazing.

Just a few weeks and you'll be envied again. Bring back some of the feeling you had when your card was a top boy!. :D

Associate
only if when I upgrade to Vista and start playing DX 10 games they don't have a good frame rate for me to have all the eye candy on.

But doubt if that will be needed this year.

But who knows what Crysis may bring to the table

Taff

Associate
I doubt they will release it that early i mean the current GPU's use 90nm in the chips they are going to 80nm's now let alone 65nm's. But who knows the computer world is a tad crazy at times ;)

Associate
I know this is kinda like asking how long a piece of string is, but are there are educated opinions (okay guesses) as to when Nvidia will release the 8900 series of cards?

I've seen March suggested in these hallowed halls and whilst I'm itching to upgrade my existing SLI'd 6800GT's, I just know that it'll be the day after I spank my credit card with OCUK! If its going to be March (i.e next week!!) then I can wait another few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom