• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So who with a 8800 GTX is getting 8900 ?

Soldato
KWJay said:
No offence meant here mate but...

Yet another bashing for NV about drivers and Vista. Yeah, its taken a couple of weeks for them to get a certified driver out.... for a brand new operating system which was built from the ground up. Unlike XP which was really a continuation of NT and 2000, had a similar core system that they were used to working with, Vista has a whole new way of working, with a whole new graphics system and whole new driver system, which means a completely new way of writing drivers.
To be fair though Vista went final at the end of October and businesses have had the released version since november so it's hardly a couple of weeks.

Lets not forget nVidia had full access to Vista for a long time before that and the changes needed by drivers was finalised long before Vista RTMd

Associate
:D
Athanor said:
To be fair though Vista went final at the end of October and businesses have had the released version since november so it's hardly a couple of weeks.

Lets not forget nVidia had full access to Vista for a long time before that and the changes needed by drivers was finalised long before Vista RTMd

Yeah Athanor, I'm not saying they're blameless, but its getting a bit tired and boring to hear the same old complaint. There were drivers for all the other cards available for a while before the final vista release, its just the 8800's that had a bit of a wait. And lets not forget that the "official" release of vista over here was Jan 31st. Anyway, the argument is achademic as far as i'm concerned now, they're out now! lol!!

I doubt i'llbe swapping to a new 8900 series anyway, did that last time with and SLI 7800GTX setup and went to a 7900GT setup to try the volt mod and got 4 cards that didn't wanna play ball! But Conroe is on the list bedore a new GPU for me anyway!

Back
Top Bottom