• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So who with a 8800 GTX is getting 8900 ?

Associate
I'm going to wait this one out too. The next card that doubles my current card will be mine ;) x1900xtx to 8800gtx felt like a real upgrade, I am going to resist and wait this time.

Then again a while back I got the 7800gtx only had it a few months then upgraded to and kept a x1900xtx for a year :eek: :p

So if history repeats itself I may get the R600 and keep it for a llloooooonnnngggg time...

but no I am near enough certain I will NOT get a 8900gtx

Last edited:

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I have a GTS not a GTX but I might get the 8900GTX if it is smaller than the 8800. The GTS will then meander over to my wife's machine to replace her 7600.

I really don't fancy getting a new case just for a new graphics card hence I went for the GTS. But if they can give me GTX power in GTS size they can have some more of my money!

Associate
No.
Either add another 8800GTX for SLI that way, or another 8800GTS for SLI. Performance increase will be more noticable and the cost (certainly in the case of GTS SLI) might not be that much greater than the upgrade to 8900.

Caporegime
Only thing I would consider switching to is an R600 depending on how it performs, and that's only if I could sell my 8800GTX for damn near what I bought it for. I can't imagine the 8900GTX will be much of an increase at all.

Soldato
deadkomodo said:
I'm going to wait this one out too. The next card that doubles my current card will be mine ;) x1900xtx to 8800gtx felt like a real upgrade, I am going to resist and wait this time.

On the ball there - its not really worth it unless you get a good price for your old card.

Associate
Dave2150 said:
How can anyone say whether they are getting one, before we see its performance, and price?

It seems to me like you just post to get your postcount up.

LOL! Obviously you've missed the number of threads with Easy saying that he likes to upgrade to the biggest and best everytime something new and shiny that catches his eye comes along! All power to Easy though, i would if i had the money and his views on the hardware can be very useful.

As far as just increasing his posts? I don't think so. Thing is, you could probably swap to an 8900GTX from and 8800GTX for little investment. Floggin the old card on that well known auction site will net a pretty packet, and then you have a card with a higher standard clock, smaller manufacturing process and probably more OC headroom. Personally i'll be sticking with my GTS, and mybe dropping another in when these come out and can pick up a 2nd one on the cheap! :D

Soldato
I've only just this week taken delivery of my 8800GTS 640MB so I don't think I'll be looking at the 8900 line.
I tend to miss a line these days anyway - went from 7800GTX to 8800GTS, didn't even look at the 7900 range when they appeared.

Back
Top Bottom