So Wikipedia are begging for donations again

Soldato
I remember some stat from years and years ago that only around 5% (at best) of charitable donations actually gets to the intended recipients.

Yeh, you guessed where the rest goes.
It is incredibly difficult to spend money. Look at the recent nonsense with Elon Musk and the UN saying it'll just got 6bn to fix, and it turned out the plan was to just buy a load of meals :rolleyes:

Caporegime
OP
It is incredibly difficult to spend money. Look at the recent nonsense with Elon Musk and the UN saying it'll just got 6bn to fix, and it turned out the plan was to just buy a load of meals :rolleyes:
Are you defending Musk here?

I just had to Google that. Looks like another case of Musk opening his mouth, saying something daft, and then being unable/unwilling to put his money where his mouth is.

The man is a giant tit.

Had to laugh watching Panorama the other day. They showed a clip where Musk basically said, "You expected me to be a normal guy? I put men in space, I built Tesla, I'm not a normal guy!" He's so full of himself it's a sight to behold.

Soldato
Are you defending Musk here?

I just had to Google that. Looks like another case of Musk opening his mouth, saying something daft, and then being unable/unwilling to put his money where his mouth is.
He said he would pay for it if they produced a costed plan to end world hunger. They replied with "buy everyone some food" :confused:

Caporegime
OP
He said he would pay for it if they produced a costed plan to end world hunger. They replied with "buy everyone some food" :confused:
Remember this isn't the first time he's made gestures towards being charitable and then rowed back on them either partly or wholly.

He can't control his urge to post crap on Twitter and then he gets called out for it.

Soldato
Remember this isn't the first time he's made gestures towards being charitable and then rowed back on them either partly or wholly.

He can't control his urge to post crap on Twitter and then he gets called out for it.
He didn't get called out? The UNs response was dumb and short sighted. The point is, those responsible for fixing these problems, despite existing for literally hundreds of years, have no clue.

Soldato
Unfortunately charities don't run on charity and as long as they keep their solicitation within the platform then I don't see a problem.

Back
Top Bottom