Software developer job.....

Associate
So i applied for a software developers job within my university, and had a phone call back today saying i didnt get the job, so did my mate, but they said would you be willing to do a few weeks volunteer work? is that taking the P** or what? why would they do this? :mad:

Associate
Coming from a recent graduate software developer. If you are still studying and your offered paid or un-paid work for even a couple of weeks I would take it. All employers want experience.

What's going to look better on your CV for a employer, 2 weeks volunteer dev work or 2 weeks in asda?

Last edited:
Caporegime
yeah same here

what looks better when going for a job in future a cv with i just left here or a recent placing at a job similar to what you want. experience counts

Associate
So i applied for a software developers job within my university, and had a phone call back today saying i didnt get the job, so did my mate, but they said would you be willing to do a few weeks volunteer work? is that taking the P** or what? why would they do this? :mad:

Don't you think you're being a little short sighted? As said above, It'll be a CV booster. Do it.

Back
Top Bottom