Solar panel production figures

Just had some heavy rain (no surprises there), then bright sun, so took a look at my gauges, and watched as they fluctuated and hit 9201.91 watts, which I'm pretty sure is a new record, it certainly is for this year.

20240616-New-peak-record-9201.jpg

Last edited:
Back in October 2011, I paid just over £2k extra for a 4kw system with Sanyo (now rebranded panasonic) panels.
That must be a very early FITS system, and even though very good quality panels, I suspect the efficiency was very low to start with. Have you considered replacing the panels and inverter with a modern system? FITS payments would be pro-rata'd based on system size increase, but I bet with panel improvements you'd get a big uplift in generation and thus payments, as efficiency increases aren't accounted for. Today's panels also work better when cloudy.

@Peteronthesouthcoast You can change the panels, as I said payments are pro-rata on original system size.

The info is hard to find, there is a small snippet here under Can I extend the capacity of my installation?

See also this document.

However as your panels are 19.7% efficient then probably not worth it unless you wanted more capacity, mine installed in 2015 are only 14%, but mine are staying.

My system installed in 2015 paid for itself in 2022.

Last edited:
if it stays like this, we should get close to 30 today.............................at the moment we dont have any clouds and the forecast is for it to stay this way now

live-production-welshman.jpg

@Ron-ski you wished this cover of candy floss into me lol

That's what happens when you said what you said at 13:21, just 40 minutes later those little fluffy harmless looking clouds rolled in, you doomed yourself ;)

Last edited:
The thing is you think these clouds float around, some do, others just form, you can see it happen on the cloud radar.

You should see the size of the kettle I have to put on to make all the water vapour appear :cry:

I'm down to 41w so a good enough time to call mine, 52.39 kWh generated and a smashing 47.768 exported, a proper June days generation for once.

Forecasted for 50 today, that's not going to happen, thick French cloud covering Kent. The weather forecast says sunny all day!!!

At least lots of others have clear blue skies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom