Solarplicity owe me money - what can I do to get it back?

Soldato
I'm owed over £200 from Solarplicity, and they are not paying it back. I've called three times now and every time I've been told that they'll pass it on to the payments department and then nothing happens.

What are my options for forcing them to give me my money back? I've stopped using them entirely and what they owe me is an account credit.

I'm stuck on what I should do and how to escalate this to get the money back? Given the time of the year getting an extra £200 would be handy.

Any advice is appreciated :).

Soldato
OP
I rang them up again yesterday and they gave me even more of a runaround. Looks like I'm going to have to move into the next level if I really want this money back.

Soldato
This is why I am now not allowing credit to build up.
Why isn't there an option out and just pay what you owe them option.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Just updating this thread. I got the money back. It was ridiculous that it took 2 months for them to actually pay me back though. I would never recommend Solarplicity to anyone. Stay far away.

Soldato
OP
Well, I got the first refund, but they now owe me another £300. I'm on my third phone call now and still nothing. I'm meant to be getting a call back this afternoon, but I'm going to have to start calling Solarplicity every day until I get the money back.

Soldato
Well, I got the first refund, but they now owe me another £300. I'm on my third phone call now and still nothing. I'm meant to be getting a call back this afternoon, but I'm going to have to start calling Solarplicity every day until I get the money back.
Why are you still with them? They're in trouble, no wonder they're holding onto your cash...

OfGem have even banned them from taking on more customers due to how terrible they are.

Soldato
OP
Why are you still with them? They're in trouble, no wonder they're holding onto your cash...

OfGem have even banned them from taking on more customers due to how terrible they are.

I left them in October when I moved but I only got the first refund and the second one didn't show up on my account until after I got the first refund. Annoying really that they split it up into two but nothing I can do about it now. I might have to call OfGem on Monday to see if I can sort something out.

Soldato
I left them in October when I moved but I only got the first refund and the second one didn't show up on my account until after I got the first refund. Annoying really that they split it up into two but nothing I can do about it now. I might have to call OfGem on Monday to see if I can sort something out.

Splitting the refund = Cheap trick to hold on to the majority.

Ofgem get involved and they can prove they refunded you something and claim it was agent error that the wrong amount was entered, all the while hoping you'll just cut your losses with the first refund.

Quick companies House check shows the company is behind on it's filings.

Back
Top Bottom