Sold expesive board on ebay, seller says its faulty

Soldato
I almost exclusively use eBay for purchases, but have sold low value items recently without issue. I’ve previously had similar problems with higher value items such as phone and motherboards which I no longer sell through them, it’s just too much hassle if you run into a scammer.

Glad you had a positive outcome, shame it cost you so much time and effort.

Soldato
OP
Just hope the original buyer did not get a mate to buy it just to troll you :eek:

*Just kidding, hope this one goes OK.

To be fair mate, the thought did cross my mind too, the difference between the two though is the original buyer lives in London and the new one lives in Fife, Scotland.

AM4 boards it seems are quite difficult to sell as they are so pickie about ram and the slots used, a lot of DOA cpus floating about in the beginning too, a good end user will get it working, but novices struggle.

Soldato
but novices struggle.

There in lies the problem with this whole saga, I just think "building a rig" was beyond this guys pay grade yet he expected you to foot the bill.

Quirks like you describe should already be known by someone competent, heck, you would know before buying.

We are "enthusiasts" though and Ebay has everyone outside of that label who just expect to assemble it and go and if it doesn't work, it is broke (Assuming they did not just change their mind but if he thought it was faulty owing to his lack of competence, then of course he would not try to sell it on). Although the initial reluctance to return was odd.

Soldato
OP
There in lies the problem with this whole saga, I just think "building a rig" was beyond this guys pay grade yet he expected you to foot the bill.

Quirks like you describe should already be known by someone competent, heck, you would know before buying.

We are "enthusiasts" though and Ebay has everyone outside of that label who just expect to assemble it and go and if it doesn't work, it is broke (Assuming they did not just change their mind but if he thought it was faulty owing to his lack of competence, then of course he would not try to sell it on). Although the initial reluctance to return was odd.

I think he changed his mind, but didn't want to be without his pc, so he put with the board for a week, whilst choosing / buying another board, if he then missed the delivery of his new board because of work commitments, he probably couldn't get to pick it up until Saturday, so he's got his hands on his new board, fitted it on Saturday whilst removing mine, then because the post office is only open half day on Saturday, he's probably missed the post sending it back to me, hence posting it back on the Monday at 5.15pm, only just caught the post then.

Associate
correct they didn't even watch it, 1 person watched it, and that was me, its a private video, so only people with the link could view it, so that I could monitor who was viewing it, even sent the buyer the link, both him and ebay said "we don't know that you don't have a few of those boards" my reply was "LOL in an individual seller not a shop, the camera never came off the board for 1 second, right from opening the package, removing his packing slip off the top and reading it out aloud, setting it up and switching it on"

ebay then got a bit shirtie with me and said what do you expect us to do, and I said, file a false claim against him, force him to repay postage for me to return the item to him and give me my damn money back, next thing I know, they've refunded him.

I then filed an appeal myself, literally 10mins later it was denied, so I then filed a complaint against ebay themselves demanding my postage back and my final value fee's for an item that I hadn't technically sold, which then required re-listing to sell it, for which I would then be charged another set of final value fee's, a customer service manager agreed to do this for me.

I sold the board again last night for a bit more than I sold it to the original buyer, so made a bit more of a profit, payed my seller fee's straight away, transferred the funds to my bank account, then shut my paypal account down, when the buyer gets the board, i'll ask him to leave feedback for me, and then im shutting my ebay account down too

SELLER PROTECTION, MY BEHIND !!!!!!

I am sorry :((
Pretty much the same thing I did then. I will no longer use ebay. Neither to sell or buy. It used to be great but these days you only use ebay if you are prepared to lose your money or goods.

Associate
Glad to hear you had a (somewhat) positive outcome in getting more for the board than you originally got. Such a pain in the ### to go through though.

+1. I never sell anything PC related on Ebay because of exactly this.

Back
Top Bottom