Sold my girlfriend's car, did I give it away?

Soldato
My GF parked her car at my parent's house in Feb 18 as we moved to central London and only have one parking space so it sat there collecting dust.

I was over at my parents and some guy knocked on the door and asked if I was willing to sell it so I thought why not.

It was a 08 Toyota Aygo with 44k miles, lots of dents and scratches, no MOT but runs fine, may or may not pas. May have some service history. I dont know why but it also had lots of fungus on the seats.

I asked the guy for £1k, accepted £900. Now im wondering if I sold it too cheap and if I should make up the difference?

Soldato
That's not too horrendous! We part-exd my partners 06 Yaris in to a dealer for 1k. Similar mileage and damage by the sounds of things. No service history etc. Had a knackered battery as well.

You could have sold it for more, but consider that you'd have to have had it washed, taken some pictures and paid Auto Trader to list it. Then spend time waiting for someone to arrange to look / test drive it. At least this way you had minimal faff when selling it.

Soldato
I guess the sensible thing would have been to get an MOT for the car assuming it's cost effective. Given it didn't have an MOT I guess the price wasn't too bad.

Back
Top Bottom