• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sold used i7 as new..?

Soldato
I don't think you understand commerce...

I'm not saying a nice box will get more £s than a damaged one per say (although this can happen) I'm saying if you have a nice box, and the other 2 guys selling the same product have damaged boxes. Your part is much more appealing. I've sold GPUs for top dollar whereas IDENTICAL items on the bay at the same time, with no box or rubbish boxes have sold for less. That is fact. Not "rot".

God knows why you are hell bent on trampling on the consumer or why you would be so overly happy to receive damaged boxes. Doesn't add up.

I guess i'm the same kind of guy in this regard as you. I want the original packaging to be pristine and it have helped me getting sales through or with warrenty claims where an item has to be send in for repair/replacement. It's a very positive thing specially if you have to ship your stuff to the buyer as it saves a lot of hassle imho. I even had a guy buy a monitor from me after he bought a GPU due to the "positive" experience(meaning i package my stuff better than a lot of webshops when i sell my stuff). I wont by 2nd hand myself without seeing the original proof of purchase and the original packaging in a somewhat decent state. But what do we know?!?

Soldato
aaah amazon,

buggers sent me a lunchbox rather than a h110i cooler a few years ago,

even had to do a sad dailymail esque picture for on here :D:D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Looks like it's been delidded as well. Sounds like a dud clocker that's been returned.

Caporegime
I bought an Asus 980ti strix from Amazon before and inside the box was an old gtx 270 or something like that. Was refunded no bother but it shows that a lot of returns are not checked and sold on as new.

Associate
Am I the only person that expects the retail box to arrive undamaged!?!? Is that unreasonable lol?
In my experience OCUK have always shipped retail boxes within protective boxes. a single layer of bubble wrap in a thin plastic bag is asking for trouble.

No, you are not. I bought an 8th gen i7 from OCUK some while ago and they packaged it in loads of bubble wrap and plastic courier bag. Unsurprisingly, the box got a bit crushed in transit. To give OCUK their dues, they refunded me with absolutely no argument. In the end I saw sense and bought a Ryzen in any case :D

Back
Top Bottom