Soldering irons to the ready, circuit help needed

Soldato
Hi all, i'm part of a dog flyball team. To help us a built a set of arduino timing lights using instructions i found online. I'm no electronics expert but eventually i followed the recipe and got them working...

Fast forward 2 years and a bunch of the infra red sensors had died so i decided to replace the whole lot but i've ordered the wrong ones! We can't afford to just waste them so i'm helping you guys can help..

This is the timing lights, the infra red sensors are along the middle in 2 rows and turn on and off when the dog breaks the beams (reflectors on another stand)
scrjie.jpg

These are the old sensors, the old are PNP NO the new NPN and have NO and NC options. I hadn't seen the NPN issue :(
wqzfwx.jpg

This is the input circuit, when the sensor is triggered it outputs 5v (i think)
2hpizbm.jpg

What i want to do is use the NPN NO sensors to do the same. Any ideas how i can do this?

Permabanned
The outputs of the old sensors go positive when triggered, the new ones go negative or release the negative rail. I think with another transistor or perhaps a small relay depending on the sensor's current handling ability you can convert the new ones, but are they wired all in parallel or individually? You may need a transistor or relay for each sensor it depends... If you post the question here you will almost certainly get some good answers:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/

Good luck!

Soldato
the labels pictures are not close enough to discern which device is the sensor .. and even how many connections they have ?
can you find a datasheet on an english site eg rs. or use a online translator.

if there were just 2 connections then they maybe interchangeable ... if the resistance just changes with light exposure

Back
Top Bottom