Solutions to prevent burn patches due to dog wee?

Soldato
I love my dog. She's the best. But I also want a lush green garden without urine burns all over the garden.

I'm thinking of making her a dedicated wee/poo box. I imagine it'll be a 1.5 m x 1.5 m Square, around 0.3 m High, packed with soil and finished with grass. Somewhere dedicated she can go.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Soldato
It's a faff but we just hose down where she has wee'd after she done the deed.

She's only a cocker spaniel though. Not sure her wee is as strong as a gods

Caporegime
I love my dog. She's the best. But I also want a lush green garden without urine burns all over the garden.

I'm thinking of making her a dedicated wee/poo box. I imagine it'll be a 1.5 m x 1.5 m Square, around 0.3 m High, packed with soil and finished with grass. Somewhere dedicated she can go.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Sounds good if you can keep her in it.

Smart thinking.

Associate
dog rocks urine stones have worked for me, some say they are hit and miss but worth a go.

there are different brands so have a read up on reviews. Nice and easy to use, you just place the stones in the dogs drinking bowls.

blimey that first bit makes it sound like i use them for myself and pee on my lawn :D

Soldato
The science part of my brain can't work out how dog rocks would work.
I was under the assumption that grass burn is over fertilisation by nitrogen in the urine.
How exactly those rocks stop that I don't know.

Must be magic

Soldato
I tried putting dog rocks in our two dogs drinking bowl and also tried putting the rocks in a 5L container of water and using that to fill their bowl.

In preparation for this miracle cure I scarified the damaged area, re-seeded, re-soiled, fed and fenced off the area. Once the grass had grew back the fence was taken down but it didn't take long for the dog's **** to totally annihilate to grass again. The dog rocks didn't do anything. It may be because they are large dogs (more ****) or their old age (vintage of wee), don't know.

I've given up trying to fix the area now and accepted that my lawn now pays homage to the Battle of the Somme. It ****** me off whenever I cut what grass remains, the irony of which is not lost.

To the OP, that 1.5 square metre of your garden you're planning is going to stink and stink bad.

Associate
I tried putting dog rocks in our two dogs drinking bowl and also tried putting the rocks in a 5L container of water and using that to fill their bowl.

In preparation for this miracle cure I scarified the damaged area, re-seeded, re-soiled, fed and fenced off the area. Once the grass had grew back the fence was taken down but it didn't take long for the dog's **** to totally annihilate to grass again. The dog rocks didn't do anything. It may be because they are large dogs (more ****) or their old age (vintage of wee), don't know.

I've given up trying to fix the area now and accepted that my lawn now pays homage to the Battle of the Somme. It ****** me off whenever I cut what grass remains, the irony of which is not lost.

To the OP, that 1.5 square metre of your garden you're planning is going to stink and stink bad.
could be age or size of dog, mine are pretty big dogs so i put large rocks in.

I've had some rocks that never worked but some were really good but for the life of me i can't think of the brand that did the job.

It's worth trying different ones or reading reviews of different makes.

Back
Top Bottom