Some advice needed about hard tubing and fittings

Associate
I'm gearing up to build a new PC with hard tubing. I've only used flexible tubing before.

I have a couple of questions about hard tubing and compression fittings. Specifically, how do I get it all put together where two components are really close?

I can understand that with a long run of tubing there's probably enough wiggle room to get it into the compression fittings and tightened up. But I'm going to have a pump and reservoir fairly close together. There is going to be a short (~5-10cm, probably) run of short tubing between them. Am I right in thinking that it's impossible to get the hard tube in both fittings with everything in place?

How do I deal with that sort of situation? Do I fit the tubing between the two components and then fit them into the case? Or is there some other trick?

(I guess this problem doesn't arise with Monsoon free centre fittings, but I've seen that some people don't like them because of the possibility of cracking and leaking. I've no idea if this is still a thing.)

K4BWriR.png

Soldato
It depends exactly where the two items are positioned and how much wiggle room there is. It's hard to say based off that diagram. You can attach a piece of tube to a fittings and screw the whole thing in if you have a rotary for example... I've done that myself without issue. But if, as you say, you have two fixed objects such as a pump and res which are locked down and totally immovable, and then need to attach a length of tube between them which just have standard fittings at each end, I'm not sure how that would be possible. You could do it outside the case I suppose, but that may be problematic. This is why combined res/pumps are often much easier when it comes to hard tube builds... more thought and planning is certainly required otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom