Some advice please

Associate
been offered this setup what do you guys think of should I look at building my own been away from pc gaming for a while just getting back
Specs..

Nzxt h440 case
intel core i7 4790k
240gb ssd, 3tb hdd and 1tb hdd
Msi gtx 1080 founders edition
Msi krait sli motherboard
16gb kingston hyper x ram 1866mz
Corsair cx750m power supply
Corsair h100i gtx liquid cpu cooler

Also included is

Asus ROG pg278q 144hz 1440p gaming monitor
Corsair strafe rgb keyboard
Corsair sabre rgb mouse
Nzxt hue plus rgb lighting kit

Associate
OP
Well my current build is DDR3 and its fine, im guessing its just where all the new chipsets are coming out and the MOBO's only support DDR4 I'm getting bits together for a new build which is DDR4 and Ryzen 5
Just wondering how long I would get out of the system before I would have to upgrade

Soldato
Just wondering how long I would get out of the system before I would have to upgrade

When you have to drop the graphics settings too low for for the games you want to play. Or the things that you want to do.

I've just upgraded from a Q6600 and a gtx 285, mainly because the gtx 285 is incompatible with dx11.

And I've now got an SSD drive, which is nice.

A well thought out build should last you a good 5 years, with a gpu upgrade, maybe another 2 years.I

Last edited:
Associate
OP
When you have to drop the graphics settings too low for for the games you want to play. Or the things that you want to do.

I've just upgraded from a Q6600 and a gtx 285, mainly because the gtx 285 is incompatible with dx11.

And I've now got an SSD drive, which is nice.

A well thought out build should last you a good 5 years, with a gpu upgrade, maybe another 2 years.I
I was hoping that I would get a couple of years from this system for gaming at least any other comments would be great guys

Back
Top Bottom