Some interesting/horrific facts about the Nazi party to impress my Father over dinner?

Permabanned
This was much the same issue that the US government had with Japanese Americans in WW2

Whilst the internment of Japanese Americans is now seen in our PC world as having been a wrong thing to do. I can really see their point at the time. Many, most even, Japanese Americans at the time saw themselves as Japanese as well as American. rather than simply as Japanese Americans. obviously how Japanese Americans might respond to a stae of war beteen Japan and the US was a matter of serious concern.

Western countries today have a similar "Mixed Loyalty" issue regarding Muslim minority populations. But the decision has been made to tolerate a certain degree of domestic terrorisim in exchange for not being seen to be acting in an unfair or discriminatory manner. Even up to the extent of allowing former citizens who went to join ISIS etc leave to return. (Which is bonkers really)

If you ask me anyone who puts another country or continent alongside thier nation of residence in name has loyalty issues. For example African American identity over just American or Jewish American. You can see why big powers back in those days tried to avoid these sorts of people, In a cold calculating way why risk it when you can chase them out and bring in your own. And that is another thing i learned also most of the nations apart from Poland were all actually Germanic anyways... It would just be uniting a Germanic mainland European Empire after all if Britain and Spain and Russia etc has already got most of the world what else are you going to do?

In reality Germany was superior to a lot of nations who were extremely successful colonial powers, And yet they were the main Germanic group of them all think Franks, Danes, German Czechs, The Angles and Saxons of England, The Dutch, And Austrians are Germans as well. Yet they were nobody on the world stage alongside Japan too they never had an Empire yet.

WW2 was basically, I want one with Britain saying no no my shiny while France forgot it was Germanic and refused to partake. So Germany got all pissy until they had no choice but to forget about a German Empire. And today the French are still nothing like the Germans even though they once had an Empire called the Frankenreich. :)

Associate
They discovered the Ark of the Covenant in 1936, but rather than study it in a controlled environment, they allowed a crazed French archeologist to open it. This resulted in the deaths of several high ranking Nazi officials, a member of the Gestapo and over a dozen troops. Thankfully, a man by the name of Jones was able to recover it. Its present location is unknown, but it is apparently being looked after by "top...men..."
lol this is gold

Caporegime
They discovered the Ark of the Covenant in 1936, but rather than study it in a controlled environment, they allowed a crazed French archeologist to open it. This resulted in the deaths of several high ranking Nazi officials, a member of the Gestapo and over a dozen troops. Thankfully, a man by the name of Jones was able to recover it. Its present location is unknown, but it is apparently being looked after by "top...men..."

And it turns up in Indy 4! https://youtu.be/CMM-8cHFouU?t=87

Soldato
Several BBC articles yesterday in very poor taste/crass, about the holocaust memorial

- Heard Sarah Montegue r4@1pm patronizing interview of musician who survived, because they were a musician .. very inappropriately trying to play an angle that music had somehow lightened the experience, with a lady with poor english,gutter journalism
(like the lesser Prince Andrew interview, both her and Maitless employ this pseudo empathetic interview strategy )

- Windermere - docu drama on bbc2 about refugees ... maybe it was true ... but the UK hosts asking the children to undress and deposit clothes in a communal 'bin',
that, has a much more profound signification - turned off.

....Boris too , with his woke speech about anti-semitism ressurgence ... wasn't the place

Caporegime
Adolf hitler was very tight and a bit of a woman. He used to use an electric heated throw to keep himself warm whilst watching tv in the living room. Rather than stick the central heating on or wear a jumper.

I'm sure your dad will be mightily impressed.

Soldato
Several BBC articles yesterday
on the other hand this, programme, was good

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000drbx
This Archive On Four is about the science of evil and five of its pioneers: Kurt Lewin, Solomon Asch, Henri Tajfel, Serge Moscovici and Stanley Milgram. They were all Jewish. They all lost family in the Holocaust. They were all driven by one question. How could it have happened? David Edmonds speaks to among others, Moscovici's son, Milgram's daughter and two of Tajfel's former students.

Soldato
While not belittling the horrific crimes committed by NAZIS in WW2, what the Japanese did to POW's, civilians etc was extremely horrific in comparison.

The Japanese viewed POWs as worse than live stock, the acts committed were disturbing and evil. It's strange how the things Japanese soldiers did in WW2 contrasts with the kind of people they are now; polite, friendly, humble and peaceful.

Soldato
The Japanese viewed POWs as worse than live stock, the acts committed were disturbing and evil. It's strange how the things Japanese soldiers did in WW2 contrasts with the kind of people they are now; polite, friendly, humble and peaceful.
I've been watching the World At War recently and the episode Banzai! deals heavily with this. The Japanese military basically committed a coup in the 1930's with the tacit support of the Emperor. Soldiers were added to the staff of every school and children reached the point where martial training was part of the daily routine. Marching, simulated combat etc. A form of Bushido was literally pushed into the heart of society forcefully by a military controlled Government.

The World At War btw is a truly stunning WW2 documentary series.

Soldato
I've been watching the World At War recently and the episode Banzai! deals heavily with this. The Japanese military basically committed a coup in the 1930's with the tacit support of the Emperor. Soldiers were added to the staff of every school and children reached the point where martial training was part of the daily routine. Marching, simulated combat etc. A form of Bushido was literally pushed into the heart of society forcefully by a military controlled Government.

The World At War btw is a truly stunning WW2 documentary series.

Yeah I've watched The World at War 1983 a fair few times, definitely my favourite documentary series.

Back
Top Bottom