Some people are just scumbags...

Soldato
And I am horrified you find it acceptable to poison ANY animals and put them through a painful death...

I'm horrified you'd think I find it acceptable. It's just that you said:

Last week I was told that the cypriots have a habit of throwing down poison meat to kill "strays" but they actually target areas where there are pet cats and dogs, and this is totally legal...

So I presumed it's something that's normal and legal to them. I wouldn't be pleased if let's say some mormon walked into the pub and said I was barbaric because I'm drinking alcohol and my country kills a few foxes, but we already found out that it's not legal to do so over there so that statement is kinda redundant.

It's not normal at all, it's ****ed up. How can killing cats and dogs be their way of life!?

Not normal to us, normal for some of them. Hell they still eat fried placenta after birth in some parts of the world.

Also Dr Who I realised I forgot to mention how sorry I am, I myself had and lost a few pets in my time and know how it feels.

Associate
Iraklis F.C. said:
well i read all the comments made for the stinky cyrpiots killing cats etc.

its nice to place labels on nations as a whole, wouldnt it be appropriate for me to say the british are a bunch of barbaric scum who LOVE fox hunting and for fun.... check animal abuse levels RSPCA provides for the UK :rolleyes:

take it easy guys, just because you have met the wrong people doesnt mean that the whole of them are like that, and i dislike cypriots for other reasons :D
HAHAHAHA I like this guy!!

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, lets not try to resolve the cyprus issue...

There are strong truths in what both sides say, but when I talk to the people on both sides I see pain and suffering from the past and from the older cypriots, people who just want to see an end to the split...

If the 3 way govt of cyprus british/turkish/greek had been respected then the turkish invasion wouldnt have happened, many parties sought to make sure this did not succeed, especially the yanks, you tried to have Makarious removed by its greek allies at the time...

The main problem is that with every successive generation the hatred increases and it becomes less likely there will be a solution...

If turkey sorts out its electoral problems and human rights issues and gets into europe, then Greek cyprus will have to do something, and I see this as more and more likely in future...

Anyway, I am gonna see if I can find out what the situation (poisoning wise) is from my very good friend in Nicosia police this week, and then I will decide upon whether i perform a video stakeout of the surrounding area... If I do, they will have video evidence of the poison layers...

Nq

I am here to work, been here 6 months now, My parents have lived in Pafos for a few years as well..

Obviously some turkish and greek cypriots on this board.. instead of arguing the respective viewpoints given to you by your side, why not try and be friendly, and start the re-unification process...

Hatred serves no purpose, whatever the reasons...

;)

Associate
neoboy said:
It's their country and their way of life. It's something that's normal for them no matter how wrong it may seem to you. Would you be happy if someone came to your country and told you that something you find acceptable is wrong and barbaric?
+1

We have a winner, lads.

Back
Top Bottom