SOME women are snakes!!

Man of Honour
Surprised a lot of people think settlements like this is fair game.
Regardless of who did what, though if it was the other way around? He'd probably drop her in a moments notice without so much as a thanks.

Just because it's law doesn't make it right, but most people seem to think it is, another sad state of society, rules made by us don't always make sense. Also you can never, ever, ever be certain the other party hadn't ever done the same. But hey, nobody cares right.

I find myself curious, why do settlements like this not make sense? The marriage contract is broken unilaterally through no fault of the other partner even if they've been (in)directly contributing to the success of their wealthier spouse - why shouldn't they get their fair share?

You're right, we don't know if she did or did not have extra-marital affairs but it seems a trifle remiss of Mr Bryant's legal team not to investigate the matter and use it were such affairs in evidence since that would probably have helped reduce his liability.

But yeah dawg, prenups.

Might have helped him there, not so much in the UK as until very recently they were simply ignored, even now they're just persuasive in certain cases.

Soldato
ill ask again. what does she need three houses for?? im sure 10 million makes up for being cheated on? would you say so? 1 mill for each year.

No idea about the US legal system do you?
10 years means half generally. Thats why Cruise divorced Kidman at 9 years 10 months.
3 houses, as if they were used to be living around 3 separate areas, then that and the kids lives will not be interfered with, and maintained.
He cheated, therefore under the US system he is at fault.

Its not a difficult concept to work out.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Surprised a lot of people think settlements like this is fair game.
Regardless of who did what, though if it was the other way around? He'd probably drop her in a moments notice without so much as a thanks.

Just because it's law doesn't make it right, but most people seem to think it is, another sad state of society, rules made by us don't always make sense. Also you can never, ever, ever be certain the other party hadn't ever done the same. But hey, nobody cares right.

But yeah dawg, prenups.

Because when you get married you agree to share your life and wealth. Effectively things stop belonging to one person and belong to both.

Associate
I'd just like to point out that She found out about affairs four years ago but decided to stay with him for 10 years on her mothers advice to guarantee extra money, nothing like putting your bank balance before your pride/broken heart.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I'd just like to point out that She found out about affairs four years ago but decided to stay with him for 10 years on her mothers advice to guarantee extra money, nothing like putting your bank balance before your pride/broken heart.

Alternatively putting the welfare of her kids before her pride/broken heart?

If it was her who was cheating I wonder if the judge would have awarded him the 50% ?

To be honest whilst some moral cumuppance is good it really shouldn't matter who. A partnership is being dissolved and split between the two members of that partnership. It isn't his wealth, they were married so it was their wealth. Who earned it is pretty much immaterial.

Soldato
Same thing happened with Hulk Hogan.. Linda took him to the cleaners. Even though he was a pretty astute business man and apparently very good with money she got almost everything!

Back
Top Bottom