Somebody tried to break into my car :(

Associate
Noticed this when I went to the car this morning:

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

Maybe thats what I get for parking in Parkhead in Glasgow... :(

Gonna have to try and get that piece of metal out the lock and then touch up the scratches before they rust. Thats on the passenger side, and they didn't try the driver's door, just glad they never got in. Its got an imobiliser so its not as if they could have stolen it, they must just have wanted to rifle through my glovebox or something, only thing in there is handbook cd's and sunglasses. I even took my fascia out aswell!

Bloody weegies :mad:

Soldato
Them scratches look like they've gone to the metal :(

I guess the screwdriver snapped and then due to the force followed through in to the car door? What car is it btw?

Soldato
mondeo?

breaks your heart when that happens. happened to me twice, once on the passenger door, they got in tried to nick the HU, never got it, i took it out the next day when i found out it had been broken in to, went to NY with the school a month later, to come home to find they had done the drivers door and got the HU, it was the old one so i wasnt botherd but still was angry at the fact that i now have 2 damaged doors which need welded, filled, painted and laquered!

Soldato
Virdi said:
God!

Is that the leftover of a broken screwdriver?

looks like a screwdrivers but the marks on the paintwork look like they have used something L shaped to offer more leverage

EDIT, on second thoughts they may have done the paint damage in bad temper when the tool they were using broke

Suspended
GlasgowTitan said:
Gonna have to try and get that piece of metal out the lock

No point, get yourself a replacement as the lock with be fubar.

and then touch up the scratches before they rust.

Unless your experienced id pay the extra and get a pro to do it, a bodge job on something that big will look terrible. Im speaking from experience :D

Thats on the passenger side, and they didn't try the driver's door, just glad they never got in. Its got an imobiliser so its not as if they could have stolen it, they must just have wanted to rifle through my glovebox or something, only thing in there is handbook cd's and sunglasses. I even took my fascia out aswell!

An immobiliser doesnt mean they cant steal it, it just makes it very difficult for them. Depends on whether they are a pro or not.

Empty your glovebox at night and leave it open to show that there is nothing in there.

Soldato
get a small drill bit (eg. 3mm), drill a hole in the metal object in the barrel, get a screw, screw it into the hole you drilled (make sure its a tight fit and in deep a fair bit), get a pair of pliars and pull the screw. hopefully this should remove the object.

Soldato
MNuTz said:
An immobiliser doesnt mean they cant steal it, it just makes it very difficult for them. Depends on whether they are a pro or not.

Yea true but a pro would hardly use a screwdriver like that I would have thought? although thinking about it i guess you meant generally :p

Associate
I know you said you've parked somewhere strange, but just a note for everyone - £40 for 2 CCTV cameras with NV from B&Q, one either side of the driveway. Best purchase you may ever make!

Bri

Bri

Soldato
L0rdMike said:
You must be shot as your sig is too big.

Ha ha ha :D

Unlucky though, I've picked up a small dent in the front wing over the last 2 days and I'm annoyed about that, must be much worse for that to happen :(

Back
Top Bottom