Someone just tried to spend £1000 from my bank at OcUK.

Man of Honour
its legit, I had it the other week but with thomspon airline. I have no idea how they got my card number.
either phone or wait for the fraud line to call you, you will then be issued a new card.
i did phone them up from a number on the site, and like all banks they said you should have just used the text and we would have called you, I said that wasn't very secure and could be a scam and they just ignored and moved on. Why are banks so rubbish with security.

Soldato
OP
its legit, I had it the other week but with thomspon airline. I have no idea how they got my card number.
either phone or wait for the fraud line to call you, you will then be issued a new card.
i did phone them up from a number on the site, and like all banks they said you should have just used the text and we would have called you, I said that wasn't very secure and could be a scam and they just ignored and moved on. Why are banks so rubbish with security.

Nothing better than when a bank phones you and asks you to prove who you are.

Lee Evans has a great sketch on it but lots of swears so won't post.

Soldato
And JamesBoyJim I don't think there is an appropriate section in cs for this :/

It's the "customer service" section, any subforum would be appropriate! Probably best in order queries.

Personally I wouldn't be replying to a "security" text message from a mobile number, I'd just call my bank.

Associate
Yeh right, you were trying to buy a Threadripper be honest... trying to hide it from wifey. ;)

"Oh dagnabbit, someone went & hacked my card & bought a Threadripper, but luckily it auto sent to our address. Welp, guess I better go buy a board for it before it gets damaged :rolleyes:" :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
i'm assuming OCUK could very easily confirm if a transaction was made/attempted if you gave them the bank details?

I very much doubt this is stored in a way OcUK can see such details. The only place to call is the bank to confirm the transaction is real and to tell them it's incorrect.

All OcUK could do is confirm whether there was any activity on the OPs user account to that effect.

Soldato
I have received an email from OCUK thanking me for ordering an 1080TI GTX for £799.99

I've checked my OCUK account and there is an order although it hasn't processed yet.

The delivery address has also been changed to an odd looking address in Daventry with DHL references.

Soldato
Soldato
I have received an email from OCUK thanking me for ordering an 1080TI GTX for £799.99

I've checked my OCUK account and there is an order although it hasn't processed yet.

The delivery address has also been changed to an odd looking address in Daventry with DHL references.

Ring OCUK - change the delivery address to yours and up the order to 4 cards :D

Caporegime

Wait... you're not the OP... hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom