Something smallish, automatic and upto 2 grand

Man of Honour
This is going to be a very hard one because small automatic cars are awful at the best of time let alone at the age this budget will afford you.

It simply has to be Japanese becuase reliability is crucial with an automatic, so I'll say Nissan Micra.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10536432 said:
This is going to be a very hard one because small automatic cars are awful at the best of time let alone at the age this budget will afford you.

It simply has to be Japanese becuase reliability is crucial with an automatic, so I'll say Nissan Micra.

if it's anything like the slushbox in the 300z's then it will spontaneously turn itself into a bunch of metallic fragments at any point from about 60k miles onwards. It probably isn't though, just felt like dispelling the japanese reliability thing a bit.

Soldato
Honda Civic. Loads of auto's that have one careful old men owner's, with full history.

Don't expect any thrills though, they are as dull as dishwater and about as powerful as my missus hairdryer. On the plus side they will go well over 100k.

The other suggestion is a Nissan Almera. As above but a bit more rare.

Soldato
We were selling a 97 ish Civic 1.6 Auto for someone a year or so ago, and it was very smooth and comfy, so it should do you if you don't care about performance or handling

Soldato
fox is on the button with a nissan micra - given its target market there should be a goodly number of autos out there as well

Soldato
a few people on our place have corsa autos. While they are a crap box in a crap car no one has had any problems yet

Back
Top Bottom