Sometimes my TOMTOM does odd things..

Transmission breaker
Don
Does anyone else occaisionally get odd behaivior from their TOMTOM?

A few times now, mine (on my TYTNII) seems to think i am travellingat 230mph and in a straight line?!

Has it somehow got itself mixed up, and confused my position as the satellite position, and start to show me the ground speed and direction of the sattellite?

Anyone else ever get this sort of oddness?

Soldato
Does anyone else occaisionally get odd behaivior from their TOMTOM?

A few times now, mine (on my TYTNII) seems to think i am travellingat 230mph and in a straight line?!

Has it somehow got itself mixed up, and confused my position as the satellite position, and start to show me the ground speed and direction of the sattellite?

Anyone else ever get this sort of oddness?

Maybe it's your speedo that's wrong ;)

Associate
it's because the part of the program that calculates your relative speed is done based on your map pointer position and is an average number based on your movement in all three axis..

so, what's happening is that the bit of software plotting you against the map has tracked you to the edge of a page, the extra Z Axis movement the pointer makes going down into the spine of the map book and up the other page is added to your x & y movements resulting in a ~100mph boost

i've been awake since 6am :D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Is it possible the unit does not display any higher than 230?

tomtomplane.jpg

Soldato
Not spped related but i have often been driving on the M1 near Leicester doing a nice legal 70 and it will just say... In 500m Turn Right.. then It will Say... Turn Right a little later.. I am really a little :confused: to say the least...

Soldato
Not spped related but i have often been driving on the M1 near Leicester doing a nice legal 70 and it will just say... In 500m Turn Right.. then It will Say... Turn Right a little later.. I am really a little :confused: to say the least...

Is it not saying keep right as in don't leave the motorway please? I don't think i've ever had tomtom try and make me jump the central reservation yet. First time for everything though, i like a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom