Sometimes no signal on boot / odd shutdown since formatting and installing Windows 10

Associate
Hi guys,

System specs below:

Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.0GHz
Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Intel Z87
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Seasonic FocusPlus 750W Platinum Modular
Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX
Windows 10 Pro

So I've not had this issue before, nothing in my system has changed in the past 6 months and been completely stable, only recent change is that I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7.

So, on to the issue, please note I've not ran into any instability when actually using the PC;

- Twice now when booting up, the PC appears to turn on just fine but no signal to the monitor (I THINK in one out of two times, the Gigabyte screen appeared then went sleep mode due no signal afterwards)

- Once when I Shut Down my PC (today), it turned off literally instantly... a little weird as this usually takes 5-10 seconds depending on what I have open application wise. Was after this that I had no signal in one of the instances.

I've installed latest: Motherboard drivers (chipset, audio), for GPU driver I'm using 384.94 which is the same one I used on Win 7 (but the Win10 version ofc), I use this slightly older driver as it performs better in certain games I play, before someone asks :)

What could possibly cause this just from formatting and upgrading OS? Seems very odd to me.

Associate
Can't contribute, but I'd also be interested in answers. It's sometimes hit and miss just booting my PC when it comes to receiving any signal to my monitor. Works fine under the most extreme loads and is rock solid stable once successfully booted (FX-8350 system on Win 10 here).

Associate
OP
One thing to try though, is disabling Fast Startup. That feature has a serious stigma attached to it for a myriad of PC problems. Disabling it didn't work for me, but might for you.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

So um, I'm trying this and so far it has worked buuuut now... whenever I turn my pc off .. it's turning it's self back on? Wtf is up with it lol

I google it and have made sure nothing can "wake" it in terms of keyboard, mouse etc

Associate
So um, I'm trying this and so far it has worked buuuut now... whenever I turn my pc off .. it's turning it's self back on? Wtf is up with it lol

I google it and have made sure nothing can "wake" it in terms of keyboard, mouse etc

Might be a BIOS setting.

Check in the BIOS option and see if in the power settings you have restart system after power loss YES.
If so , turn it to No.

Back
Top Bottom