Soldato
Album(s):

Coldcut - Sound Mirrors
TV On the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
Graham Coxon - Love Travels at Illegal Speeds

Standout Song(s):

TV on the Radio - Snakes and Martyrs
Muse - Map Of The Problematique

That's all that springs to mind, really.

Soldato
OP
Just went out and bought The Elected, Tapes 'n Tapes and Sleepy Jackson's new albums on a whim. The Elected's Sun, Sun, Sun is looking good so far, not had chance to give the others a proper listen yet

BrightonBelle said:
I'm going to ruin this thread by saying:

Pussycat Dolls - PCD

:D can't stop playing it - don't flame me! I'm a girl and I'm allowed and there is no song on it that I dislike!!!
Ruin the thread?! Don't be daft, the whole point is that this is a thread of opinions, would be rubbish otherwise. Plus, for shame, I thought Beep was quite a catchy tune.

Oh and Graham Coxon is a good call :cool:

Associate
j00ni said:
Tapes 'n Tapes and Sleepy Jackson

Sleepy Jackson have a knack for writing catchy melodies though the album is a little hit-and-miss. 'Rain falls for wind' is on my summer mix tape at the moment.

As far as Tapes 'n Tapes are concerned, i'm sure you've heard the various references to Pavement and Pixies. It's a good album but not in the same league as the best from either of them.

Soldato
OP
chrisd said:
Sleepy Jackson have a knack for writing catchy melodies though the album is a little hit-and-miss. 'Rain falls for wind' is on my summer mix tape at the moment.

As far as Tapes 'n Tapes are concerned, i'm sure you've heard the various references to Pavement and Pixies. It's a good album but not in the same league as the best from either of them.
Yeah after listening The Elected's album is definately the best of the 3 imo. Sleepy Jackson's is ok, but doesn't really improve on the first track and the quality kind of tails off towards the end.

As for Tapes.. I did pick it up after seeing it likened to the Pixies, and whilst the sound is similar, and there are a few decent tracks, it's hardly the same quality as the Pixies or Pavement, but worth the £7 i paid for it.

On another note, don't suppose anyone's given Roddy Woomble's new album a listen, I have read one review saying it's excellent, but wondering what anyone here might think??

Soldato
Pretty much every song off the Snow Patrol and Kooks albums, ive been addicted to them :D

Never heard of half the bands in this thread, and i thought i was quite up on music :confused:

Soldato
OP
Welshy said:
Never heard of half the bands in this thread, and i thought i was quite up on music :confused:
That was the reasoning behind the thread, like you I would say I am fairly aware of new music that's coming out, but there are always going to be some gems that get missed - and in my experience you can rely on the opinions of a number of the forumites here :cool: I have bought a few albums soley on the recommendations of members in the past (Carzy, Belmit, Doohickey, dmpoole spring to mind) - and have not been remotely disappointed yet

Soldato
Welshy said:
Statement 1:
Pretty much every song off the Snow Patrol and Kooks albums, ive been addicted to them :D
Statement 2:
and i thought i was quite up on music :confused:

I think we all know those two statements are contradictory in the extreme :p

Associate
Also should mention that the Editors album is cracking. Brilliant live band, fortunate to be one of the few that got tickets genuinely for One Big Weekend.

Permabanned
Album: James Dean Bradfield - The Great Western

Fantastic album that really shows why JDB should contribute more lyrics to the Manics albums.

Song: James Dean Bradfield - Emigré

Beautiful and uplifting. This song really speaks to me.

Back
Top Bottom