Song help - Western guitar tune with no lyrics

Soldato
I hear this tune quite often, either on TV, radio or in public, yet never catch the name of it.

It's music only, no words, a western style guitar solo. It must be a pretty famous tune, sounds like it should be from a cowboy film.

Google has provided no answers, I don't know what I'm looking for!

Any ideas?

Soldato
Ecstasy of gold is the only one I hear often by ennio morricone but has a woman humming (maybe not the right term

Still one of my fave pieces of music

Soldato
OP
Apache by The Shadows?
Spot on :D Thanks! Knew someone would get it instantly.
Funnily, that's actually a "surf" track, but most associate it with cowboys and westerns.

It's the only way I could describe it without just saying 60's sounding guitar tune :p It does sound very western, wouldn't have associated it with surfing at all.

Permabanned
It's the only way I could describe it without just saying 60's sounding guitar tune :p It does sound very western, wouldn't have associated it with surfing at all.

Yeah, it is pretty easy to confuse the two. I think most associate it with westerns because of it's title "Apache".

I mean, even the opening track on that mix you're not sure "is this a western soundtrack or california surfing music?". And then the second track starts and you're like "nope, definitely surf rock".

Man of Honour
I wish I had a £1 for the amount of times I've played Apache in Clubland.
I also used to do Wonderful Land and FBI.
Hank Marvin is one of the most influential guitarists ever who made millions pick up the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom