Sonic the Hedgehog demo now on XBLM!

Associate
That's right, 314.50MB. looks like some of these rumors maybe true after seeing this appear?

EDIT: Just noticed someone mentioned this in the X06 thread, will keep this for discussion on this specific demo.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can't grumble at that :D Just hoping it gives a good in depth look at the game and isn't too short or unfinished. I should imagine it is plenty big enough for a game of this style though tbh.

EDIT: Just had a 10 min blast on this and in my opinion it is horribly bad :( There is no real feel of speed and I spent most of my time falling off the edges and g etting confused over the buggy attacks that often 'teleport' you back a few feeet or get you stuck in the air.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not expecting too much, pretty much every modern Sonic game after Sonic Adventure has been absolute pap, but hopefully I can be surprised :)

Soldato
wyrdo said:
Been playing it for a couple of minutes and I hate it already, the controls are extremely annoying.

Said the exact same in the other thread.......Moves too quickly, you just fall off the edge of everywhere......Looks nice but it sucks!!!!11111eleven :o

Associate
It's not just the camera that is awful, the general movement feels totally wrong, with sonic rocketting off to the left or right as you move the stick. Unplayable, and linear pap.... just the usual serving dished up by games companies.

Soldato
Crap, as bad as the previous 3D versions. Might even pass on this as a rental unless the controls are improved.

Soldato
Quite fun, the only thing that bothers me are the camera angles.

Also, is it just me or is moving the camera manually SO slow its like watching paint dry? I mean, you feel like you could have made coffee by the time it goes a full 360 degress :/

Caporegime
Dark_Angel said:
Quite fun, the only thing that bothers me are the camera angles.

Also, is it just me or is moving the camera manually SO slow its like watching paint dry? I mean, you feel like you could have made coffee by the time it goes a full 360 degress :/

Yep, the camera movement is sloooooowwwww. I think if they moved it any faster you would get the slowdown and tearing that you see in quite a few 360 games so I think they have slowed it on purpose. We won't know till the full release though.

Shame, I was looking forward to downloading this at work, came home downloaded it and after 10 minutes realised it is not so good :(

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom