Sonic The Hedgehog

Soldato
OP
Depends what they are adjusting. May well have to re-render the entire thing and run it through all the checks again. Looking for pieces passing through each other or in front or behind things they shouldn't. Adjust and re-render all the effects, reflections and so on.

It could be a hell of a lot of work for them.
Just sell it to Netflix :D

Caporegime
It baffles me why they tried to make the character more human looking, that "fixed" comparison on the other page shows how it should look. But its too late in the game to re-render all that now, they'd effectively be doubling the effects budget and probably have to add a few months onto the current release date.

Associate
Looking at the Sonic model, it almost looks like a suit that an actual person was wearing that they mo-capped off of, or designed to allow a person to wear (merchandising?) and that might have been part of the reason why it looks "human" like instead of looking like Sonic.

But yeah, I was wondering what I was looking at as well. If I didn't know it was a trailer for Sonic the character, I REALLY wouldn't have guessed.

Soldato
Looking at the Sonic model, it almost looks like a suit that an actual person was wearing that they mo-capped off of, or designed to allow a person to wear (merchandising?) and that might have been part of the reason why it looks "human" like instead of looking like Sonic.

But yeah, I was wondering what I was looking at as well. If I didn't know it was a trailer for Sonic the character, I REALLY wouldn't have guessed.
The expense of CGI to make it look like a guy in a furry suit :p

Man of Honour
I assume that with the way animation works, they would just need to adjust a few models and then the change would take place throughout the whole movie. The character movement etc will all be the same still.

Not if they properly fix him by giving him a round body and long legs. The skeleton used for the animations will be different.

Soldato
This film is getting a makeover apparently after a lot of backlash over the look of Sonic.

Kudos to the director for listening to criticism and willing to make changes. This film already has a budget of $90m. Maybe the production company could have saved money on redesign had they asked maybe Sonic's creator for his input on the character's design. He doesn't like it, along with half the Internet.

Looking at the production info as to what input Sega had, if any; and all it says they weren't keen on, were the eyes. WTF were Sega doing approving that. :confused:

We'll have to wait and see if the next trailer is any less terrible.

Soldato
OP
:p
2mplv1t.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
What an absolute travesty. Don't those 'tards in Hollywierd have anything better to spend their money on?

****** Eejits. It's nothing like.

(PS I spent way too much time that could be considered healthy playing Sonic on a Megadrive in the early 90's)

Back
Top Bottom