Sony A84J turns on, on it's own

Associate
I got the TV last year and maybe once a month I would turn it off but then going back to it a hour or so later and it would be on. Now its had two updates and I'm finding it doing a lot more, just about everyday.
I've only manged to catch it once whilst in the room turning on and it looks like the TV is restarting as it boots up first with the google screen before going to the home screen.
I've been looking for some log in the TV setting to see why, but I don't seem to be able to find one or why its doing it.
So hoping for some suggestions, before I have to deal with the support team where I bought it from.

Associate
OP
Thanks.
I have tried taking the batteries out the remote, even taken the remote with me to other rooms but it still keeps doing it.
The TV seems to be restarting, but I just don't know whats making it do it.
Think I will fire off an Email to Sony to see if they have any idea.

Soldato
Thanks.
I have tried taking the batteries out the remote, even taken the remote with me to other rooms but it still keeps doing it.

Guess it's still happening then ? must be a software bug.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Definitely haunted.

Smash it up, throw it in a hole in the ground and pour holy water over it.

Should sort it out a treat.

Associate
OP
Do you have a cat that is brushing against it and switching it on?
No I live alone, or at least I think I do?

The TV now has a new problem, sometimes when switching from the main menu to watch Freesat there's sound but no picture displayed. only a restart sorts it out.

New update just done will see how it go's.

Soldato
Thanks.
Took me months to workout why my sony TV kept turning on for no reason randomly :(

Was my 6 year old niece pressing the cast to TV icon on an ipad downstairs :cry:
I Still can't workout how to disable this on my TV so she wouldn't be able to do this

Back
Top Bottom