Sony is pulling Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and offering full refunds...

Caporegime
You're best off picking it up in a couple of years time when it's truly finished and in the bargain bin assuming they don't quietly abandon it. I hope they didn't make too many copies this could be the next ET. Who wants to buy a mastered disc containing Alpha/Beta code?

Soldato
It's not just about last gen consoles though. I'm playing on ps5 and it's a buggy mess. Crashes each time I play and have had to reload saves several times. Plethora of bugs!!

Associate
Barely 10 or so years back they had a tiny booth at a games show for Witcher 1 running as a Neverwinter Knights mod.

They took on a task of making a game type that took amazing devs like Rockstar over 20 years to perfect over multiple 2D and 3D games- the car entering process alone is something like 17 combined animations.

GTA3 now looks rough as ****, but was in a much better release state, GTAV being so smooth took them 2 decades of improvements.

CD Projeckt overstreched themselves without enough time to perfect things. Rockstar continue to set a level of quality in open World games that's very hard to match.

Soldato
Barely 10 or so years back they had a tiny booth at a games show for Witcher 1 running as a Neverwinter Knights mod.

They took on a task of making a game type that took amazing devs like Rockstar over 20 years to perfect over multiple 2D and 3D games- the car entering process alone is something like 17 combined animations.

GTA3 now looks rough as ****, but was in a much better release state, GTAV being so smooth took them 2 decades of improvements.

CD Projeckt overstreched themselves without enough time to perfect things. Rockstar continue to set a level of quality in open World games that's very hard to match.

You do realise they are a big company now and not a few guys in a basement? They would have recruited for this project.

Associate
They obviously didn't recruit the right people did they. A level of amateurism still exists at the higher levels of CDProject, hence this unprecedented development disaster.

Caporegime
lol, CD Projekt Red.

I don't think they even pulled the XIII remake and that was in a real bad state.

Warning signs like whst? I'm about out the loop and I don't want to start reading a massive thread:D. Is it to do with the PS4/Xbox one being s bit weedy?

Delay after delay. It rarely ends well.

Soldato
Warning signs like whst? I'm about out the loop and I don't want to start reading a massive thread:D. Is it to do with the PS4/Xbox one being s bit weedy?

Well they ended up cutting a lot of stuff out which suggested it was overly ambitious in the first place, then you had the multiple delays despite all the cuts. The biggest one though was not giving reviewers any copies of the last gen console versions, they knew it was a mess and for the other versions they were told which footage to use (provided by CDPR) because there are so many bugs and glitches in there. Some bits looks great but other areas clearly look like the b team were on that part. It may turn out good in months to come but it also shows by the review scores how dodgy most the major review sites are.
CDPR diehards are burying their heads in the sand saying things like "well I played the whole thing and I didn't encounter one bug or issue" sure.

Soldato
Glad to see this happen to a major release as I think it's the best thing for the longer term. I hope this sets a precedent for the future of showing that they can't continue to expect to get away with releasing without proper testing.

Associate
i got this on ps5 on Tuesday and I haven't found any issues yet, likely will run in to them, I've requested the refund anyway might as well get £50 back, does the game stay on the console? IE will I be able to play it

Underboss
CDPR saying "not willing to wait for upgrades" is terrible, they knew what the game was like but still released it.

I play on PC but this is more about games dev practise than which console you play on - they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!

Back
Top Bottom