***** Sony Vaio VGN-FW41E/H Laptop In Stock *****

Soldato
Sony Vaio VGN-FW41E/H Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.00GHz 16.4" Laptop - Vista Home Premium (VGNFW41E/H.CEK)

LT-022-SO_400.jpg

The Vaio FW Series radically enhances your multimedia entertainment with a revolutionary 16.4" real wide display. With the latest X-black screen technology, the FW Series delivers pictures that are sharp, bright and natural looking. Images are true-to-life with vibrant colour, deep contrast and enhanced depth. Some models feature a double lamp for exceptional brightness and pin sharp detail. Take full advantage of a new era in high definition entertainment with the FW Series. You can also enjoy HD movies on models featuring an integrated Blu-ray Disc Combo Drive. It also plays and records all your favourite CDs and DVDs. For a thrilling big screen experience, connect your laptop to an HD-Ready TV using HDMI output and watch favourite films in glorious Full HD 1080p picture quality. Finished in durable and lightweight magnesium alloy, the thin-walled chassis of the FW Series preserves portability while providing rugged protection from shocks and knocks.

- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.00GHz 2MB Cache (800MHz FSB)
- Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 512MB
- Memory: 4GB DDR2 RAM
- Hard Drive: 500GB SATA (5400RPM)
- Optical Drive: Blu-Ray
- Screen: 16.4" WXGA++ X-Black LCD Widescreen (1600x900)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate
- Wireless LAN: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g & 802.11n
- Ethernet LAN: 10/100/1000
- Sound Controller: High Definition Audio
- Speakers: Stereo
- Expansion: 34mm ExpressCard Slot
- Card Reader: SD Card, Memory Stick & Memory Stick Pro
- Camera: 1.3 Megapixel
- Security: Kensington Lock Slot
- Connections: 3x USB 2.0, 1x IEEE1394, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, 1x RJ-11, 1x RJ-45, 1x Microphone & 1x Speakers/Headphones
- Battery: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion
- Dimensions: 384mm x 261mm x 37.0mm
- Weight: 3.3kg
- Warranty: 1 Year

Only £793.99 Inc. VAT

BUY NOW

Soldato
Anyone already own one of these? Sorely tempted as a permanent replacement for my desktop and I'm loving the specs and the styling - also hoping as it's Sony build quality and screen should be excellent :)

Associate
I recently bought one off a competitor (little peeved now that I could've bought from OCUK, but this was a week ago).

Positives:

Keyboard is great, much nicer to use than my mates laptops and slightly inset so your hands rest nicely.

The short cut buttons work well with all the programs I've tried so far

16:9 Screen is fantastically detailed (watched Superbad Blu-ray on it the other day and the picture quality was amazing - am going to watch Black Hawk Down later on it to see it in more of an action/explosive context).

Thin dimensions - not ultra thin like the Macs, but much nicer than most of the other laptops around.

Like most Sonys, it does look fantastic.

Negatives:

The headphone/mic jacks are on the front, which to me is plain silly, as they will always be jutting out, however they are at the right edge, so whilst annoying somewhat, don't interfere with your typing.

Comes with a lot of software pre-installed you probably wont want (although, to be fair, most laptops will have quite a bit).

If theres anything in particular you want to know, feel free to ask.

Soldato
That's what I like to hear guys.

The ATI 4650 graphics are a must for me as ideally I'd still like a bit of grunt for the odd gaming session. I was considering an Acer for a while, but after setting one up at work today I found the screen quality appalling and rather grainy and would rather pay the premium to get something like this with all the plus points it brings to the table.

fen739 thanks for the input, both your negative points are insignificant for me as it'll most likely have Windows 7 installed from the start and I'll rarely be using the audio jacks as it is.

Soldato
Oh, one more thing.

I've heard that because of this thickness of this notebook, the ATI 4650 graphics chip is actually underclocked below factory default speeds and it is about 25% slower than usual - fen379, are you able to confirm this in GPU-Z? Thanks.

Associate
Listed as:

GPU (and default) Clock - 450Mhz
Memory (and default) Clock - 600Mhz

Can't screeny atm because laptops not hooked up to inet, if you desperately need it I can do that though.

Soldato
Thanks for the info, it was what I feared. 100Mhz slower on the core, and 200Mhz on the memory :(

Went for an Acer after all in the end, 6935G with a 9600M GT saving myself the best part of 300 quid :D

Back
Top Bottom