**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Mobster
Soldato
Motorola and Samsung don't support their devices this well after two years.

Has anybody got a case suggestion for the Z3? I've got the Spigen Clear Ultra Hybrid but it's got all scratched up and is going yellow so I'm looking for something new. I'd like decent drop protection and scratch protection but not a massively bulky case.

Soldato
The S5 is getting Marshmallow and that's over two years old. Two years or so of OS support seems about normal for a flagship model.

What would actually be amazing is if OEMs would get updates out in a timely manner.

maj

maj

Soldato
Tempted to factory reset my phone. Constantly getting notifications about having less than 75% storage free. Pretty much have to run CC cleaner everyday and have transferred photos to SD card already. Something isn't right somewhere as I've got 3.4GB spare.

Can't get rid of the notification without root which I don't trust myself doing.

Soldato
Has anyone managed to get "trusted devices" set up and working with Android Wear?

I have a Sony SW3 and I wanted to be able to set that up as a trusted device but it's not appearing in the list of available bluetooth devices.

Soldato
So what are Sony playing at with these OS updates?

Still oving the hardware but getting a bit sick of Sony slacking with the updates! - By the time they get round to releasing Android 6 ver 7 is gunna be due out

Got mine from Carephone Warehouse back when it was launched, completely unbranded and still squat all :(

Soldato
So what are Sony playing at with these OS updates?

Still oving the hardware but getting a bit sick of Sony slacking with the updates! - By the time they get round to releasing Android 6 ver 7 is gunna be due out

Got mine from Carephone Warehouse back when it was launched, completely unbranded and still squat all :(

It's being drip-fed at the moment, network-branded devices started getting it weeks ago but it seems the unbranded Z3/Z3C are being left until last, which is pathetic really. As soon as the software is handed over to networks to ruin it should be made available for the unbranded devices.

Soldato
It's being drip-fed at the moment, network-branded devices started getting it weeks ago but it seems the unbranded Z3/Z3C are being left until last, which is pathetic really. As soon as the software is handed over to networks to ruin it should be made available for the unbranded devices.

Completely agree - every other manufacturer tends to release for the unbranded devices first - Sony are the opposite!

Thought I'd have an advantage in getting an unbranded handset but this is taking the mick!

Soldato
Running the Marshmallow Concept on mine - lovely job, it's like having a Sony-made Nexus or something, as it's pretty much devoid of any bloatware.

Getting regular OTA updates on Concept, that add/remove features - but as a daily driver, it's perfect; seems to run a lot better than most of the ROMs I have tried to date.

Back
Top Bottom