**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Soldato
It is yes and I have both a stand and a magnetic charging cable, but still use the port occasionally.

Might just do that, are they easy to fit?

I have a set here but they are in the copper colour, your welcome to them for the price of postage.

Just got my phone back from repair and its a completely new device :D very happy to say the least! And to top it off the have extended the warranty by a year :D:D

Soldato
I want to reflash to the default stock software (whatever the latest version is), but it's been an age since I flashed the Concept Software and can't remember what I need to reset it. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Associate
God this phone is a piece of ****, this is now the 5th time I've had to send this phone back to Sony, 3 times the screen has come away from the phone now, this time as soon I get it back ebay it goes.

Same issue with my z3 compact. I did my own diy job on it. The phone is definitely badly built, the water proof gasket doesn't last.

Associate
Had mine for two years. It's a great phone but the micro USB port had become faulty. My mums Z3C nav buttons have started to become unresponsive too. I think one of the updates also lowered the earphones max volume.
I switched to the iPhone 7.

Associate
Had mine for two years. It's a great phone but the micro USB port had become faulty. My mums Z3C nav buttons have started to become unresponsive too. I think one of the updates also lowered the earphones max volume.
I switched to the iPhone 7.

Had the earphone issue myself, if you don't care about cosmetics pull the tin mesh off the earpiece with tweezers. Much louder afterwards

Associate
Had the earphone issue myself, if you don't care about cosmetics pull the tin mesh off the earpiece with tweezers. Much louder afterwards
I mean headphones, volume through the headphone jack. Both Z3's had a hissing sound through headphones when no sound was played. They seemed to fix that but the max volume seemed to reduce at the same time.
I love my Z3, still is fast and smooth but 16gb is to low for apps and an i7 128gb wasn't much more than an XZ 32gb sim free.

Soldato
I want to reflash to the default stock software (whatever the latest version is), but it's been an age since I flashed the Concept Software and can't remember what I need to reset it. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Hi guys, looking for the same advice? I can't remember how to get back to stock and my Google searching isn't serving me too well...

Soldato
I mean headphones, volume through the headphone jack. Both Z3's had a hissing sound through headphones when no sound was played. They seemed to fix that but the max volume seemed to reduce at the same time.
I love my Z3, still is fast and smooth but 16gb is to low for apps and an i7 128gb wasn't much more than an XZ 32gb sim free.

Same here, every lot of bulk app updates seems to take up more space. I'd give it 18 months tops before those updates take up the entire memory space & bricks the phone. Shame really, I think its been a good phone. Sony phones of late seem to be a bit uninteresting to me. My next choice of phone would be the same size as a Z3, but with more internal memory, SD card & be better supported as regards OS updates.

emu

emu

Associate
Same here, every lot of bulk app updates seems to take up more space. I'd give it 18 months tops before those updates take up the entire memory space & bricks the phone. Shame really, I think its been a good phone. Sony phones of late seem to be a bit uninteresting to me. My next choice of phone would be the same size as a Z3, but with more internal memory, SD card & be better supported as regards OS updates.

I falshed the concept rom last night .Its android 6.0.1 and you get the option to use your sd card as internal memory .It also comes with only a few sony apps like camera and music and no other bloatware.Looking today there is also a nougat rom to flash .

Soldato
I'm on 6.0.1 anyway. I don't really want to start flashing roms on this phone. I fear that I'll brick the phone even though I've flashed roms on other phones. I didn't know I could move apps to the SD card on this version of android, done that & its freed up 500mb of space.

Back
Top Bottom