**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Soldato
Will be interested to hear how you get on with it - still can't see it as anything but a side grade (disregarding the improvement in build quality).
I've grown too used to never having to plug my phone in (spare battery + sammy charger) to go back to somthing with a non removable battery. Does look like a nice phone though.
Will save my money for a nexus 9 instead and keep the note 3!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds like a true all-rounder, and with waterproofing, stereo front speakers, and a great camera (but no ois?), it'll make a terrific media / festival / social device.

But, oh my god, those top and bottom bezels and on screen buttons...that makes it hard for me to love it. Apart from that, it's a good looking thing.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It doesn't have OIS which is a shame but everything I've read points to Sony's software implementation (Steadyshot) being better than the competition. Steadyshot seems to do a fine job without the drawbacks of software IS as seen on non OIS Samsung handsets.

The AR module looks like tons of fun too.

Edit*
The price has jumped back to £530 now. Hope some other folks got an order in at £430!

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon know what they're doing for sure. At £430 the copper Z3 was certainly a bargain.

If I hadn't bought the Z3c I would've certainly gone for the Z3.

Well done to those who bagged a bargain at £430!

Associate
Amazon know what they're doing for sure. At £430 the copper Z3 was certainly a bargain.

If I hadn't bought the Z3c I would've certainly gone for the Z3.

Well done to those who bagged a bargain at £430!

How much did ya pay for the compact? I got the z3 copper at £430, see if ya looking to exchange maybe ha

Associate
Thinking that i should have grabbed it at £430 yesterday :(, but my OPO is less than a month old and im still awaiting news on the new nexus.

Soldato
anymore news about ETA mrk? we still looking at end of this week / early next week?

My usb magnetic cables and nano sim cutter turned up today - itching to get my hand on me new phone now lol

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
30th far as I can see right now!

I thought this post someone made on reddit made a lot of sense:

Sony is finally fulfilling my dream of completely hardcore phone usage throughout the day without having a care in the world as to whether my phone might die. All the app usage I want (including games); 4G LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth, and GPS on; and brightness anywhere from 85-100% at all times. This is what I've wanted forever. I don't mind charging every night, as long as I know that I can do whatever I want throughout the day. I could either use the phone sparingly and achieve multiple days with Ultra STAMINA mode, or I could use it as my mobile powerhouse ALL day and still make it home with at least 30% battery left. If this is what Sony is accomplishing now, I can't wait to see how well they will optimize their phones with the inclusion of Android L's Project Volta and with a more efficient 805 processor. Sony has my vote for the next Nexus device. Please Google, you just had Michael Jordan drafted on your team. For the love of everything holy, start the man and let him win you some rings!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
quick question ....have sony dropped the 800mhz/band20 on LTE/4g

would that mean no 4g on vodafone?

gsmarena shows different specs to phonearena so its confusing

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My index finger rests around where the power button is located on the note 3 if I hold it with my left hand, volume rocker if with right so no issues for me there, not something I've ever thought about either really!

Can anyone who has a Z2 or Z Ultra etc confirm if the Sony music player app supports reading of star ratings? PowerAmp is missing this feature even though it's been requested for many years now All my music is star rated in MusicBee and apps like Windows Media Player etc all read those star ratings as it's a standard ID3 tag attribute but PowerAmp doesn't support that yet so if the Sony app reads those star ratings then I will ditch PowerAmp.

Associate
I noticed it when making videos.
They mean when you hold it in landscape with two hands, because the lens is so close to the corner your finger might get in the way.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Same when recording videos for me, I hope it in a way that the fingers don't overlap the rear!

On a CPW orders note, the rep in livechat today said they would be shipping customer orders in October. Lame!

Half tempted to just cancel the order but there's at least £50 profit at stake here :o

Edit*

She just said:
Charlotte: Just confirmed, FREE delivery expected by 25th September for the Sony Xperia Z3.

Last edited:
Soldato
She just said:

Gunna call BS on that, she talking poopookaka - I would have had a DPD notification by now if that was the case :(

I'll give them until w/c 6th - if no sign then I'll just cancel and wait for the new nexus to turn up (maybe)

Its putting me off a bit that none of these new phones have 64-bit cpu's (Android L will be able to leverage that).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Android L is November 1st, the mass of 64bit phones isn't until Q3+ next year. NO point waiting for those because you may as well add a repeat cycle to the constant waiting for the next big thing.

Enjoy the now, look forward to the next.

Soldato
I am seriously tempted by this phone but the only thing holding me back is the price tag butn not so much I cant afford it but rather I always considered the price of top lines phones seriously inflated for what they are, I promised never to pay ridiculous prices for handset after my nokia 8800 cost me a fortune back then. If the Z3 was around the £400 mark I would have taken it but at £550 and 6 month product life cycle it just putting me off.

shame amazon z3 @ £430 was copper :(

Back
Top Bottom