soo. broke my back

Soldato
Maybe jumping the gun a bit, but...
Pity the nursing staff are/were not sorting your food out for you fella, given that regular nourishment is a must for the medication you are currently taking ?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Unlucky!

I had my foot in plaster for 10 days the other week and I broke one of my crutches in frustration after only 2 days :(

Good luck buddy, I don't know what I would do!

Caporegime
From what you can find on the internet, they are classified as a powered vehicle here in the UK and are therefore subject to the same laws that govern road going vehicles. As such the device itself doesn't meet the required safety standards to be on the road, so it can't only be used on private property.

People crashing them aside, there is also the fact that we as a country aren't really setup for them. It might be fine in somewhere like the US where they have lots of open spaces and specific walk/run/cycle lanes, but we don't have so much of that here. With narrow congested pavements, its already a nightmare when you have people on mobility scooters, so having devices that aren't disability devices taking up even more space on pavement designed for pedestrians isn't a good idea.

Simple solution... Reclassify lots of small roads as electric (up to a certain size), mopeds and human powered vehicles only.

I live in a new town and the purpose built cycle roads were superb ideas.

Also means less pollution, more people walking and less jams (smaller vehicles)
in town. ;) The government would never do that as there are too many moany people obsessed with gas guzzling cars but in reality it would be almost complete benefit.

Permabanned
I had my foot in plaster for 10 days the other week and I broke one of my crutches in frustration after only 2 days :(

I hope you were asked to pay for a replacement. Pretty irresponsible vandalising equipment that has been provided for your benefit by the NHS.

Soldato
Simple solution... Reclassify lots of small roads as electric (up to a certain size), mopeds and human powered vehicles only.

I live in a new town and the purpose built cycle roads were superb ideas.

Also means less pollution, more people walking and less jams (smaller vehicles)
in town. ;) The government would never do that as there are too many moany people obsessed with gas guzzling cars but in reality it would be almost complete benefit.

How do you get your segway from you place of residence to said roads that are re-classified? How do I car users get there car from say one side of a small town to another?

While your idea has merit and may make good sense in a new town environment adding this to Britians larger towns and cities would be a nightmare!

Good luck OP, I will continue to avoid segway tours of various holiday destinations like the plague.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I hope you were asked to pay for a replacement. Pretty irresponsible vandalising equipment that has been provided for your benefit by the NHS.

Get off your high horse, Sir.

I live in Belgium and here you have to pay for your own crutches.
I regretted it immediately though as I no had elbow support :(

Associate
I worked as a Carer for an 18 year old lad who was paralysed from the neck down..
Not a place any person wants to be in..

Hope your recovery goes well OP and count yourself very very lucky fella.

Soldato
OP
Sooo.
Am able to sit mt my desk for 10 mins at a time before back gives up.

Standing hurts still and can walk around 100 yards before haveing to stop.

Managing the pain with codeine paracetamol and diclofenac.
The meds knock me out tho and I find it hard to function but anytgings better than the pain

Whats worrying is that the major pain is not from my spine. Its from the area just above my buttocks... will see a doc tommorow I think.

Live well people! Stay away from segways

Back
Top Bottom