sorry tyre question Toyo Proxes T1-R

Associate
They are ok, contary to whats said above somewhere, I think they are fairly good on track. I have a set on my Fiesta track toy, they do get rather shredded on the front but then so did the Yokos on there before. I tend to kill a pair of front tyres over 2 trackdays anyway. Slicks next I think :)

Caporegime
Major sidewall deflection issues..
IMG_1216.jpg

What size are you going for?

125813654058.jpg

Soldato
OP
I had theses on my Teg, I was scared to go above 80mph with them on.

cant be any worse than what I have on there now, wheel spin in 3rd anyone?

Nuts, I was looking at a set of these for the Alfa when the P6000s wear out (although I'm starting to think hell will freeze over first).

P6000s are shocking! they cause understeer worse than almost any tyre I have ever used (bar the dreaded linglong)

Soldato
This is getting tricky now, I find the P6000s on my car provide a pretty neutral balance of grip, but low overall traction, probably because after more than 15,000 miles they are only half worn. So I'm not getting those. Edit: And they grab uneven surfaces quite strongly, wrench the wheel around.

The Good Year Eagle NCT5's are too loud (It's not a quiet car on P6000s).

Continental Premium Contact 2?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm going to pimp Kumho KU31s again. Absolutely stonking tyre for the money, and seem to have a much stiffer sidewall than the Toyos.

Soldato
Rather than starting a new thread, which tyres would you recommend for size 235/35/19? I have Sport Contact 3's at the moment and they'll be down to min tread depth rather soon. Ideally I'd like them to be quiet while also providing better traction.

Soldato
Similarly, I wouldn't mind some tyre suggestions.

I'm after two sets actually - I need a set of tyres for road wheels in either 14" or 15" guise and a set of track day wheels in 15".

For on the road I was planning on the T1-Rs as it is a favourite among the MX5 owners I know, but after this thread I'm not too sure! I'm thinking that I may spring for some F1 GSD3 for the road (apparently they are brilliant for wet and dry weather, but MELT on track!), and maybe some Paradas for the track.

Yoko Parada's are spoken highly of in the dry, but from what I'm hearing they are suicidal in the wet which seems to be a Yoko trend as the A539s I have are absolutely god awful in the wet, so bad in fact that I haven't switched them over to my new car as I'm genuinely sure the ditchfinders I have on currently offer more wet weather grip!

Going on a 160bhp 205 used daily :)

Back
Top Bottom