SOS please help me...

Associate
Evening all...

Can someone please help me? Turned my PC on a couple of hours ago went downstairs for about 15minutes and when I came back the keyboard and mouse werent working. Have tried them in every USB port so I'm now thinking that my USB ports don't work?

Have never had this problem and I am pretty worried so any help is welcome. Thanks in advance everyone!!

Associate
OP
Hi Bruiser,

No I have not yet re-booted because their is a download and a game (football manager 09) running. It is just on the screen saver atm. Is rebooting my only option??

Associate
OP
If that is the case then I will just have to wait a while as I do not want to corrupt anything.... ffs is this a regular problem with new m/boards or something this has never happened to me. Do I need to update the drivers or something??

Associate
OP
**** seriously??? Nice to know when you spend £800 on a "high end performance" PC that you should expect to have to do dangerous reboots every now and then. Cant wait for this reboot to completely mess up my PC.

Well here goes nothing...

Soldato
**** seriously??? Nice to know when you spend £800 on a "high end performance" PC that you should expect to have to do dangerous reboots every now and then. Cant wait for this reboot to completely mess up my PC.

Nothing to worry about dude i must have just shut my spare donkey machine over 100 times nothing wrong it still going strong after 3 years. And if it is highend it will take more then a reboot to kill it ;)

Soldato

What hows a reboot dangerous? am I missing something here? :eek:

Associate
OP
Its a Phenom 955 BE @3.8 Ghz
4gb Corsair xms DDR3 1600Mhz
Asus Formula Crosshair (ROG) Motherboard
HD4870 1gb (Asus)

Doubt that helps?? I've only ever heard good things about my motherboard? I will reboot and hope that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help people!!! Much appreciated!!

Associate
OP
Hey guys I rebooted and nothing drastic atm although w2hen booting up I did get a message saying that my overclock failed and the CPU is now back running at 3.2 Ghz . Strange...

I cant find the bloody drivers for this motherboard either grr... everything on Google is a bloody advert for something called driver doctor. Starting to think this mboard aint all it's cracked up to be no one on Asus' forums seem to rate it...

Associate
OP
Yeah cheers Niko found them eventually!

Seems there was a bit of a problem with the USB's until the update. It's also sorted out a problem that had originally led me to believe that my speakers were kerplunked which has also saved me some more money.

Ohhh well... I WAS looking at getting an SSD when I had some spare cash :)

Back
Top Bottom