sound dampening foam help

Associate
Hey i have loads of fans which draw air directly from the outside ofmy case (blowholed) but thy're pretty noisy, i was wondeirng about sound dampning foam but it couldn't restrict their airflow - do you guys have any ideas ? thanks

Soldato
Order of business is first to minimize amount of noise being created and blocking direct noise escape paths.
Acoustic materials can only dampen amount of reverberation and sound trying to get out through it, neither of which work if sound can leak out directly.

Associate
OP
Order of business is first to minimize amount of noise being created and blocking direct noise escape paths.
Acoustic materials can only dampen amount of reverberation and sound trying to get out through it, neither of which work if sound can leak out directly.

that's what i was hoping wouldn't happen, is there anything i can do?

Associate
OP
Which case have you got? How are your fans attached?

it's a completly modified coolermaster haf 932 (when i mean completley you probally wouldn't recognise it) fans are attached to radiators and the metal (with rubber dampners) to the back of part of my mod

Soldato
Sorry did you say 24 fans at 1200rmp :rolleyes:
And you think foam may help? - removing half the fans would be a better option and most likely will has zero effect on your temps.
It might even be cooler with less, depending on how they are arranged.

Don't mean to be rude, but either you've been given really bad advice or it's a fan company sponsered build

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry did you say 24 fans at 1200rmp :rolleyes:
And you think foam may help? - removing half the fans would be a better option and most likely will has zero effect on your temps.
It might even be cooler with less, depending on how they are arranged.

Don't mean to be rude, but either you've been given really bad advice or it's a fan company sponsered build

may i ask why you think it's bad advide~? :S
it will be for a 5 gpu setup and a real heafty oc on the cpu - mostfet + other chipsets and ram

Associate
OP
so are you saying you have push pull on all three - sounds like bad advice unless you have a twin i7 server board with quad sli.

yes 3 in push pull you got it - it's not twin i7 but will be single i9 and hopefully 5 gpus assuming i have the pci lanes

Back
Top Bottom