Sound dilemma!

Associate
I play Steam in Big Picture mode on my TV, and I use Xbox360 controllers, since I play from the couch.

I have a Sennheiser PC350 headset but it is a bit impractical since it was from when I had a desktop setup.

My audio is bit streamed from my GTX760 through an amp.

I'm looking to do some online gaming (Borderlands 2 atm) and need voice chat since chatting with the keyboard from the couch is impractical.

I don't particularly want/need to wear headphones - would prefer just a mic option.

I've been looking at the Blue Snowball or Yeti, but will this work or am I just going to get loads of feedback from the surround sound?

Push to talk in Borderlands 2 is also an issue since there is nothing assigned on the controller. I played last night but had to keep reaching for a keyboard when I wanted to talk. Switching off push to talk just resulted in the microphone staying open. (This was using my Sennheiser headset)

Any suggestions would be great - I'm just baffled as to the best way to resolve the issue!

Associate
OP
I could try it - cheap enough option. Gonna need a pretty long cable though since the PC is by the TV and the couch is other side of the room.

Associate
OP
No, would need prob 4 or 5 metre. I'm going to have a look around see if there is a wireless mic option - kids tripping over the cable is another issue!

Back
Top Bottom