Soundbar - 3.5mm to Optical cable

Soldato
Hey guys,

Might be buying a decent sounder from a relative..

Im wondering, if there is no 3.5mm port on the soundbar, can I use a 3.5mm jack (from the Mac MINI) to a Optical (into the soundbar)?

Or anything similar I can try?

Maybe a USB C to Optical adapter?

Cheers.

Soldato
Which Mac Mini model is it? A quick search shows starting from 2018, Apple removed optical support from the 3.5mm jack so a normal 3.5mm to optical cable won't work.

USB-C to optical should work but no idea what will work with the Mac Mini.

Soldato
OP
Its the 2020 Mac mini M1. Thanks for the input, will see how I get on, least know now to try USB C to Optical if the cable on its own won't work.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Well, I think the soundbar (will confirm tomorrow) does NOT have a 3.5mm AUX port..

I was thinking of adding a sub to it, quick question please, if I buy a sub with red / white rca female inputs, and the soundbar only has a single rca, can I buy an adapter, to have 2 male (for the subwoofer) and then split to have the single male in the soundbar output?

if that makes any sense! :)

Soldato
OP
Well, got the soundbar today, and it does have analog connection, sweet!

I’m going to buy the matching subwoofer for it, will a standard single RCA be ok for the connection to sub and soundbar?

Soldato
OP
YAS - 107 Soundbar, now setup..its got nice bass, which is making me think I don't "need" the sub? What do you guys think?

(Also im thinking of covering the blue LED on the monitor, its a superb monitor, but that LED does tilt me a little..).

OjcDScL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom